Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 anyone just wasting the fronts? >

anyone just wasting the fronts?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

anyone just wasting the fronts?

Old 05-03-2004, 05:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default anyone just wasting the fronts?

i read in a previous post that some people waste the front shoulder meat. i wondered if anyone else just didnt bother with the fronts
Old 05-03-2004, 05:55 PM
PLB

Default RE: anyone just wasting the fronts?

I use the whole the deer/elk. I don't eat the liver or heart, but I give them away to a buddy.
Old 05-03-2004, 06:16 PM

Wouldnt dream of wasting any meat myself.[:@]
Old 05-03-2004, 06:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

I use all the meat I can get.
Old 05-03-2004, 06:18 PM
Dominant Buck

As many of you already know, I won't waste my time for an extra hamburger or two. The meat quality isn't there. I would rather fill another tag if I wanted more meat.
Old 05-03-2004, 06:23 PM

It depends on what kind of animal it is. If its a deer then I will cut off all the meat except for the neck meat and the ribs. But if its a big boar then most of the time I will just take the back strap and the hind quarters. As far as the heart and liver, well that stuff stays in the gut pile where it belongs. [:'(]
Old 05-03-2004, 06:35 PM
Fork Horn

LOL TX, IN THE GUT PILE IT STAYS FOR ME TO , I USE THE WHOLE DEER EXEPT FOR THE RIBS,, IF THE DEER IS SHOULDER SHOT AND ALL BLOODCLOT I WILL TRASH IT THO
Old 05-03-2004, 06:46 PM

i take all the meat i can get, my friend tries to get me to eat the heart, but like you said tx, thats for the gut pile and coons.
Old 05-03-2004, 07:17 PM

I take everything that I can... ribs, neck, heart, liver, ect!!! Ribs can be made into hamburger, liver goes to my grandfather, and the heart stays here! Deer heart is suprisingly good! My grandfather gave it to me when I was young and he didn't tell me what it was until I asked for seconds! In school, we had a "ethnic day", so, I made deer heart (Native American food), and took that in! After it was all gone, you should have seen the faces that I got when I told everyone what part of the deer it was
Old 05-03-2004, 07:25 PM

I use it all. Neck meat for ground (also use this to make a spread that is fantastic on Ritz crackers), shoulders for hams, steaks and roasts, and even make a casserole out of the heart and liver (if they aren't shot to bits).

Quick Reply: anyone just wasting the fronts?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.