Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

hunting with different groups

Old 11-05-2006, 08:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: hunting with different groups

ORIGINAL: isatarak

Sounds like a little natural jealousy.

As long as the boyfriend isn't taking time away from the dad hunting with the boys, I don't see anything wrong with it as long as there isn't another issue such as safety.
Agreed. Dad doesn't want to loose his team as well!!!
Old 11-05-2006, 10:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

someone need to SLAP him upside the head. the more you can get a kid in the wood and teach him to hunt maybe the woods will keep the kids off drugs and booze. God what is wrong with you're ex. For a good one have you're boyfreind ask him to go hunting to. NO NO NO you might come back missing one person. LOL
Old 11-05-2006, 06:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm sure there is a little jealousy involved.

But then, maybe the father doesn't know this boyfriend or his hunting companions.

Are the boyfriend and his buddies safe hunters?

Are they unethical?

Does the boyfriend try to conerdict the way the father taught the boys to hunt?

Is this a ploy for the exwife to get under the husband's skin?

I'm sure that most guys on here wouldn't let their sons hunt with someone they don't personally know.

Would you?

Old 11-05-2006, 08:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Windwalker7

I'm sure there is a little jealousy involved.

But then, maybe the father doesn't know this boyfriend or his hunting companions.

Are the boyfriend and his buddies safe hunters?

Are they unethical?

Does the boyfriend try to conerdict the way the father taught the boys to hunt?

Is this a ploy for the exwife to get under the husband's skin?

I'm sure that most guys on here wouldn't let their sons hunt with someone they don't personally know.

Would you?
but he isnt saying they cant hunt with the boyfriend because its unsafe, he said he they cant hunt with the other guy and then their father, like they ahve to choose.

its jealousy, plain and simple. and i cant say that i blame the guy. You take you sons hunting for who knows how long, and then you are supposed to go hunting next weekend, and your son shoots a 10 point with mom's new man. he wants to have something for him and his boys so he isnt replaced.

No it isnt right, the boys should hunt with whoever they want to(as long as its safe and all that). but i do understand why he is doing it. the whole "team" aspect is just a cover up and holds no merit what so ever. he jsut has to grow up and accept the change and hunt with his boys when he can, and wish them luck when he cant.
Old 11-06-2006, 08:42 AM

Being a devorced dad i see a little what he is going through .He needs to talk to the boyfriend and see what he thinks about hunting and safety and if the kids want to hunt every weekend then thats what needs to happen.Cause if they have to listen to a bunch of fussing all the time it just might push them away from hunting.Just a little jealous thats all,has your boyfriend killed some big-o deer and if he has thats why.
Old 11-06-2006, 10:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

I can't give an opinion with the limited amount of info. Please post your picture.
Old 11-06-2006, 01:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm on both sides of the fence.

I am divorced and have full custody of my daughter. She is now 17 but came to live with me at 13. It was a bitter divorce and I had to go through all kind of court battles just to get visitation. ( LONG STORY) She eventually came to live with me.

I am also a step father to a 17 year old son. He was about 10 when I started dating his mom.

I was the one that was with my step son when he got his first deer ( doe). I was also the one with him when he got his first buck. Also hisfirst deer with a bow( at 13), and hisfirst deer with a muzzle loader, and several other deer.

I had always felt guilty taking him hunting, when I knew his dad wasn't thrilled with the idea. My wife loved rubbing it in her ex's face. It wasn't right! I knew it, but the kid wanted to hunt.

I actually felt a little sorry for the guy. I knew he wanted to be the one with his son, helping him get his first deer and all. I took that away from him. I'd have been really upset if someone took that away from me with my daughter. Luckily that didn't happen.

My step son wanted to hunt with me, because I had better places to hunt. When he was with his dad, they didn't see as many deer.

I always felt like I was stepping on toes. I was stuck in the middle. If I refused to take him, there would only be trouble between me and the wife. Especially, when I would be taking my daughter.

I can certainly see where this guy is coming from. Even though I was the other man.

By some of the responses on here, I can tell that some guys had never had the honor of being through a divorce or custody issues. It sucks, BIG TIME!

Divorces can get ugly and most times kids are used as pons to get even with each other. Its sad but true. Even if only one parent is guilty of turning the kids against the other parent. The kid is still trapped in the middle.

I'm sorry, but I got to side with the exhusband. Those are his kids. He pays the support. He probably bought the guns. He should be the one hunting with them.

When the kids get a little older, I don't see a problem with it.
Old 11-06-2006, 01:21 PM

Plain and simple, your ex is playing mind games with your children. He's so full of sh!t I can smell him from here. There is ABSOLUTELY NO SUCH THING as the boys can only be on one "team." You need to suggest your ex get some counseling.He should be counting his blessings that your sons have someone to go to the woods with on his off weekends. By the way, three cheers for you for asking this questions here.

Terri S.