Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

bucks not stopping

Old 11-06-2006, 12:43 PM

Default bucks not stopping

Here in oklahoma we are coming into the rut. well when my dad shot his eight point he said he bleating once, the buck didn't stop he then bleated twice really loud, nothing finally he yelled hey! that stoped him. also I had this same experience yesterday. But my cousing saw 5 bucks yesterday evening and he said he couldn't get any of them to stop. is this a rut related event.or are we doing the wrong thing?
Old 11-06-2006, 12:48 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: bucks not stopping

I had the same problem...i thought it was because of the rut, but i dont know for sure.
Old 11-06-2006, 12:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

This morning, I grunted two times to stop a buck with no effect and finally had to grunt unnaturally loud and unrealistic. It worked, he stopped and I lazered him. Nice 8 point that went 30 yards and piled up on my access trail.
Old 11-06-2006, 01:24 PM
Fork Horn

When a bucks on the trail of a hot doe you really have to work to get him interested enough to stop.