Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

FRUSTRATED!!

Old 10-30-2002, 08:37 AM

Default FRUSTRATED!!

IF YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT, READ THE SCAM STORY IN THIS ROOM, OR GO TO THE BOWHUNTING ROOM. DATBUCK IS A MODERATOR AND HE IS SETTING THINGS UP TO STEAL PEOPLE'S MONEY. I LOVE THIS SITE! I WAS IN THE PROCESS OF GATHERING INFORMATION TO BOOK A GUIDED HUNT FOR ME AND MY WIFE, BUT I'M SCARED TO NOW. I WOULD EXPECT IT FROM AN OUTSIDER, BUT DATBUCK IS ONE OF THE ONES WHO PUT THIS TOGETHER. ALL OF THE GUYS IN HERE THAT GIVE ME TIPS AND ADVICE-THANK YOU. BUT AS FAR AS GIVING MONEY TO SOMEONE FOR A HUNT, I'M NOT SURE WHO I CAN TRUST NOW. I DIDN'T KNOW THAT I HAD TO WATCH MY BACK IN HERE. THIS DOES NOT GO OUT TO ALL OF THE HONEST ONES IN HERE THAT REALLY WANT TO HELP--BUT IF THE SHOE FITS, THEN WEAR IT.

RYAN SMITH
Old 10-30-2002, 09:27 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: FRUSTRATED!!

I have never, and never will use an outfitter. When I was young, you could always find a farmer/rancher/land owner that would let you hunt his land. Then the Outfitters came along and started buying and leasing the land, not allowing anyone to hunt with out paying big bucks. They have also been notorious for building high fences. I dont have much love for an outfitter. I dont think they are bad, but I just dont like what money has done to hunting in my neck of the woods. If you can, I would try to find some land to lease or some that a friend would let you hunt and do it all your self. I am very blessed when it comes to hunting, I have land in Louisiana and Texas that has been owned by no one but my family, so I dont have to worry about fighting the outfitter thing. I have had many outfitters offer me lots of money for my land. Not only do I tell them no, but Hell no.

Lifes a garden, dig it.
Old 10-30-2002, 04:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: FRUSTRATED!!

Sorry to hear this, Smitty03, I hate hearing of a fellow hunter getting taken. And Burnie, I agree with you, but there are those that would like to hunt far away places and don't have all the gear nor time it takes to do a self hunt, so some times an outfitter ups ones odds in being successful. I hate seeing land being leased at unbelievable rates myself, it will put the poor man out of hunting some day. I think the swap hunts are a good idea, but its hard to trust that you will get an equal hunt compared to what one has to offer, but at least swapping hunts keeps the outfitters and money out of the equation.