Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Frustrated!!!!

Old 12-09-2008, 12:28 PM
Typical Buck

Default Frustrated!!!!

Here's my dilema folks, I know the area where the deer are bedding and I know where they are feeding however it seems that they're only coming out well after dark and they're heading back to their bedding area about an hour before first light. I know that it's late in the season and there is some pressure in the area that I hunt (South GA) but what is it that I can do, if anything to close the gap on one of these deer? Your help is greatly appreciated, God Bless & Merry Christmas.
Old 12-09-2008, 12:32 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Frustrated!!!!

If you can get up really early and get into there bedding area before they do, if they go in there an hour before light go in 30 to 45 minutes before them. I know you will be sitting for a long time in the dark so just dress warmand sit them out. Sometimes hunting a bedding area this late in the season is the best way to get them.
Old 12-09-2008, 12:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Go mess up their bedding area some how. That should force them to pick another area to bed and may cause them to change their feed habits.
Old 12-09-2008, 02:43 PM
Typical Buck

Crenshaw, as it is right now i've been setting up along a creek bottom whichborders the thicket where I know they're bedding so there is no way to get closer than that. SWThomas, I considered that but I didn't want to scare the deer out of the area....I'm at my wits end!!!

Old 12-10-2008, 10:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Have a hunting partner walk through to bump them out, if drives are legal in GA.
Old 12-10-2008, 10:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

If the grond is not to noisy,still hunt it.either in to the wind or with a cross wind depending upon the topography of the area they are bedding.
Old 12-10-2008, 10:47 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Garminator

Crenshaw, as it is right now i've been setting up along a creek bottom whichborders the thicket where I know they're bedding so there is no way to get closer than that. SWThomas, I considered that but I didn't want to scare the deer out of the area....I'm at my wits end!!!
Garminator, Is there another way to get on the otherside of the bedding area? Can you improve your vantage piont with out disrupting them. I know you dont want to spook them, and thats smart. But is there a way to possibly come at them from a different angle?

Old 12-10-2008, 03:45 PM

I cannot stress it enough...STAY OUT OF THEIR BEDROOM!!!! That is, of course,unless you want to push them off of your property and onto someone elses.
Old 12-10-2008, 05:23 PM
Spike

Hunt thicker areas, they wont travel in the slightest bit of open ground after they know its hunting season, they want to be hidden.
Old 12-10-2008, 08:59 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: crenshaw

ORIGINAL: Garminator

Garminator, Is there another way to get on the otherside of the bedding area? Can you improve your vantage piont with out disrupting them. I know you dont want to spook them, and thats smart. But is there a way to possibly come at them from a different angle?
I wish that I could Crenshaw but unfortunatley the other side of thatbedding areais someone elses property

Quick Reply: Frustrated!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.