Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Should hunting over bait be illegal in your area? >

Should hunting over bait be illegal in your area?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Yes
46.01%
No
53.99%
Voters: 276. You may not vote on this poll

Should hunting over bait be illegal in your area?

Old 01-27-2006, 03:37 AM

Default RE: Should hunting over bait be illegal in your area?

Na I edited my post a little in the polite direction and left my disclaimer.

I did not read all posts but if this thread runs for over 30 pages then I guess there are dedicated people with big differences in opinion.

The two very antipodes I propose would be boring, realistic deer farmers against naive back to nature á la Rousseu dreamers. Most of us fall in the middle of the normal distribution.

"Growing up to be master baiters"You are a cunning lingvist you!

Old 01-27-2006, 07:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Is there a way to shoot sitting ducks and not be a jerk?

Not IMO and it doesn't matter where they live, a jerk is a jerk

OHHHHHhh I see it so clearly now Jack.........

I get it.....I get it. It's kind like anyone who thinks it's ethical, or calls themselves a hunter who shoots deer from there porch while eating breakfast.......is a jerk.....an idiot.....lazy......disrespectful?

Like I said before, you can have your opinions, everyone does.....just ask the NAACP,but just because you do not agree with it, does NOT make those who do any less than you. You can keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better.

Old 01-28-2006, 02:30 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: HuntinGUS

Not IMO and it doesn't matter where they live, a jerk is a jerk

OHHHHHhh I see it so clearly now Jack.........

I get it.....I get it. It's kind like anyone who thinks it's ethical, or calls themselves a hunter who shoots deer from there porch while eating breakfast.......is a jerk.....an idiot.....lazy......disrespectful?

Like I said before, you can have your opinions, everyone does.....just ask the NAACP,but just because you do not agree with it, does NOT make those who do any less than you. You can keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better.
You quoted the question and then didn't even answer it. Kind of reminds of some one. I think they were on TV, they would repeat the question and then say what ever flopped in their tiny mind with out regard to the question.

Just to clarify the words you attempted to interrupt my breakfast with, I don't think they are any less than me. IMO they are more. People who shoot deer over bait, from motor vehicles and trapped inside a fence are jerks. I'm not. Technicaly that would make the MORE than me not less.
Old 01-28-2006, 04:26 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Jack Ryan
........are jerks. I'm not. Technicaly that would make the MORE than me not less.
Don't sell yourself short Jack! I'm pretty sure most people here think you are a JERK!

For the last couple of weeks most of us here have agreed to get along together, and lay off of the name games, and regional slurs! You are about the only one left that insists on calling LEGAL HUNTERS, cheaters, and jerks!
If that makes you feel better about yourself, and your hunting skills, knock yourself out! With a little help from the "block button," you don't exist anymore! Bye-bye!
Old 01-28-2006, 05:08 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: JagMagMan

ORIGINAL: Jack Ryan
........are jerks. I'm not. Technicaly that would make the MORE than me not less.
Don't sell yourself short Jack! I'm pretty sure most people here think you are a JERK!

For the last couple of weeks most of us here have agreed to get along together, and lay off of the name games, and regional slurs! You are about the only one left that insists on calling LEGAL HUNTERS, cheaters, and jerks!
If that makes you feel better about yourself, and your hunting skills, knock yourself out! With a little help from the "block button," you don't exist anymore! Bye-bye!
I told ya what I think. I have no control over what you may think and I don't care what jerks who shoot sitting ducks or baited and fenced deer think.

Too bad you can't put your conciense on ignore, then this thread would have never made it to 32 pages.
Old 02-21-2006, 09:57 AM
Dominant Buck

Yep, it should. So should highfences, Hunting food plots, hunting over trails, use of blinds, use of tree stands, use of scents, use of decoys, use of calls, the use of rifles, the use of bow, etc. etc. etc. If you are not going one on one with the animal, it is not fair chase. All of the above lend an advantage to the hunter. So to damn one in the name of "fair chase" you must damn them all. Hunters are going to kill our sport a lot faster than antis. Fair chase is a pipe dream drumbed up to try to put down others methoid of harvesting game. There is no such thing as fair chase when it comes to humans verses animals. They have us beat, we have to use the tool afforded us to level the playing field. If you insist on fair chase, strip down to your birthday suit and have at it.
Old 02-21-2006, 02:53 PM

You didn’t say what we should hunt over bait, we hunt pigs over bait all the time as there a pest the same with foxes and crows but I wouldn’t hunt deer over bait except in areas where they needed to be culled. We also hunt over water holes and troughs when we hunt in arid and semi desert areas which amounts to the same as there is usually only one source of water for every 5,000-10,000ac or so.
Old 02-21-2006, 03:46 PM
Boone & Crockett

Maybe Jack could please list all of the "correct" ways to deer hunt.
Old 02-21-2006, 03:51 PM
Fork Horn

I believe that hunting over bait piles should not beilleagal.
Old 02-22-2006, 12:23 PM
Fork Horn

I find it interesting that there are some people who bad mouth baiting, but hunt with dogs...Some of the same issues that permiate the practice of baiting also have alot to do with hunting with dogs. So its "sporting" to chase deer through the woods and try to shoot them on the run(which in no way ensures an ethical clean kill), but to hunt over a feeder is not??????

I agree that it's a preference thing and that if it's legal you have the choice, but if not, you have no choice. It's just one more restriction and regulation.

I've shot alot of deer over an automatic feeder. I've also shot alot by still hunting. By far I prefer still hunting, but when it comes time to put meat in the freezer.......

Feeders/Food plots(and yes they are very very similar and should be lumped together), also make it easier to introduce new people and kids to hunting.

Quick Reply: Should hunting over bait be illegal in your area?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.