Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Should hunting over bait be illegal in your area? >

Should hunting over bait be illegal in your area?

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Yes
46.01%
No
53.99%
Voters: 276. You may not vote on this poll

Should hunting over bait be illegal in your area?

Old 01-25-2006, 09:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Should hunting over bait be illegal in your area?

ORIGINAL: Jack Ryan
Who said it was hard?
No one said anything was hard! Your implication was that it is easy for you! :don't even have to put down my Cherrios!"

I can't believe this has gotten to 27 pages!
If its legal where you are, you've got the choice! If its illegal, you don't have the choice!
In most states it's legal to shoot sitting ducks too or sell a car you know you cracked the block in last winter.

Buyer be ware, there are jerks out there.
So, we are all jerks that don't think like you do?

This thread might as well die! It has NO purpose! Baiting is more likely to become legal, where it is illegal, than to be outlawed, where it is now legal!

We could do without the name calling, and regional slurs though!
Yes shut it down before someone's concience gives them a heart attack.
[/quote]
Strong conscience, and heart here, pal! I'm not doing anything illegal! Are you?
Old 01-26-2006, 01:48 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: TexasHunter86

i think jack is the jerk and he wants this thread closed cause everyone is getting on his case. sorry to single u out jack but it like u r the one creating all the problems with this thread here. we all love hunting and thats what matters here. hunting conversations shouldnt be negative tored one another now guys.
LOL, why would I want it closed?

Single away, don't anybody close it on my account.
Old 01-26-2006, 02:06 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: JagMagMan

No one said anything was hard! Your implication was that it is easy for you! :don't even have to put down my Cherrios!"
I did imply it was easy, now I'm plain saying it. It would be easy for my to kill my limit of deer from the front porch if I cared.

I never said was hard and I'm not saying it now, unless you think hard is taking your cheerios out to the porch swing to eat breakfast every day of deer season until you've killed your limit.

Don't make you a hunter doing it.

Maybe finding a place good enough to be able to do it might but just walking out there and shooting because I told you where to sit sure doesn't.

I can't believe this has gotten to 27 pages!
If its legal where you are, you've got the choice! If its illegal, you don't have the choice!
Sure you've got the choice.

The choice to be a jerk or not. It's up to you. Go for it if that's what it takes for you.

So, we are all jerks that don't think like you do?

This thread might as well die! It has NO purpose! Baiting is more likely to become legal, where it is illegal, than to be outlawed, where it is now legal!

We could do without the name calling, and regional slurs though!
So do you want it shut down or not.
I won't be a sarcastic wise guy this time, I don't particularly care if it's locked or not. My conciense is clear.

It's YOUR conciense that's baiting you, even more than I am. Would you have the net nanny lock the thread, in essence making it illegal for me to bait you? Taking away my right to give my opinion just because your guilty conciense makes the thread irresistable to you?

Strong conscience, and heart here, pal! I'm not doing anything illegal! Are you?
Nope, and nothing I'm ashamed of either.

Show me a few of your proud trophy pix? The one's you post up and hang on the office wall. I bet a few of those have a camo clad grinning hunter in them. Maybe a rifle, shotgun or other weapon. A proud father maybe with son or daughter.

I'll give you 24 hours to produce one photo you've already posted any where on the net that has a big fat bait pile in the picture with your kill and your mug in it to show us just exactly how "unashamed" you are of your trophy baiting skills.

Link to it here and I'll apologise and never post in a baiting thread again.

Don't go searching the web for some petting zoo propaganda sales pitch or a vid cap of bait pile gonzo Ted. Let's see your grinning mug showing the world how proud you are of your baiting skills.

You know, I've been reading hunting forums for several years and I've read a lot of "Killed This" stories and seen a lot of happy hunting pictures posted. I just don't seem to recall any that started out with, "I shot this deer over a corn pile we been keeping fresh all year...."

And I don't recall a single proud trophy pic with a big corn pile in the foreground.
Old 01-26-2006, 05:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

Anyone who doesnt bait or have the right to bait doenst know what a great management tool it is. I bait, so what, sue me. I bait deer and bear. What are you going to do call me a jerk for baiting, call me lazy? I dont care what the rest of you anti baiters think, im not going to quit baiting just to make a few antis happy, alot of pros use bait, are they lazy or are the rest of you jealous becasue they make more money doing something you wish you could do. This thread needs to be killed. Everyone has their own opinion about baiting, lets leave it at that. It sounds like the real jerks are the ones that are bashing those of us who dobait. Go ahead call me a jerk for baiting, call me lazy, but you know what, im still a hunter and will be till the day I die.
Old 01-26-2006, 05:23 PM

My conciense is clear.
Must be hard to sleep at night.

See yall later it appears as though I'm getting kicked off for this.
Old 01-26-2006, 06:25 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: stillhunt04

My conciense is clear.
Must be hard to sleep at night.

See yall later it appears as though I'm getting kicked off for this.
Kicked off what? For what?

I haven't seen anything in this thread from start to finish that warrants any one getting kicked off anything.
Old 01-26-2006, 07:16 PM

Jack,
I never meant anything against you really. I just like trying to use my wits against you but it doesn't work. lol However, somebody who has been replying to this thread has threatened me in a PM with reporting my childish remarks to the webmasters and getting me kicked off. I wasn't really referring to you.
Old 01-26-2006, 07:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

I just don't understand why you people that think baiting is such great and moral way tokill deer why don't you soak your corn in antifreeze & go out in the morning and look for them. No gut shots or wasted time hunting for them.
Hell a trailcam would show you what your looking for.

Good hunting Jim
Old 01-26-2006, 08:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

I've put blasting caps in apples. Does that count?

j/k
Old 01-26-2006, 08:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: North Texan

I've put blasting caps in apples. Does that count?

j/k
[Associated Press, Kincaid] A man at a party popped a blasting cap into his mouth and bit down, triggering an explosion that blew off his lips, teeth, and tougue state police said Wednesday. Jerry Stromyer, 24, of Kincaid, bit the blasting cap as a prank during a party late Tuesday night, said Cpl. M.D.Payne. Another man had it in an aquarium hooked to a battery, and was trying to explode it," Payne said. "It wouldn't go off and this guy said, 'I'II show you how to set it off."

Quick Reply: Should hunting over bait be illegal in your area?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.