Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Should hunting over bait be illegal in your area? >

Should hunting over bait be illegal in your area?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Yes
46.01%
No
53.99%
Voters: 276. You may not vote on this poll

Should hunting over bait be illegal in your area?

Old 02-24-2006, 02:58 PM

Default RE: Should hunting over bait be illegal in your area?

ORIGINAL: cameronmclain

Is this going to go on forever? I've wasted 2 hrs reading this junk!!!!!
when you could have been doing something constructive like watching television.......
Old 02-25-2006, 06:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Davoh

I looked at Jack's posting history and couldnt find a single thread that he actually contributed factual information other than to incite anger and bitterness.I'm beginning to wonder if he's an anti- in disguise.

You're right Davoh,I looked at his past one hundred post,I think I found two that weren't negative.
Old 02-25-2006, 07:39 PM

haha, that's probably why I haven't seen much of him lately.
Old 02-27-2006, 06:31 AM

all of you shout baiting should be illegal! BS most of you that say this are trophy hunters now how is that fair hunting! hunting for horns! Hey you want to make it fair chase than build your own weapon. don't use a store bought bow or gun! Most deer populations are artificially produced! Hey lets ban Cars and trucks! they kill deer! Yea right! that will never happen and your not willing! you people that shout this are the ones that will spawn future Peta members!
Old 03-05-2006, 07:20 AM
Spike

Well it depends on your definition of baiting. I can buy off on the idea that it can cause the spread of disease, but I haven't seen any hard scientific evidence proving it. However let's define baiting. If a person is putting out corn to attract deer to the gun, or bow this is considered baiting. So what is the difference in this, and someone planting a half acre patch of rye grass in the middle of a cutover. They are planting it to draw the deer to their gun, or bow. Thus making it easier to bag a deer. Now if that doesn't alter deer patterns, a corn pile won't either. I personally don't think there is a difference. Only difference being one is planted, and one is placed. They are both there to make it easier to kill a deer. And if anyone responds. Please come up with something better than, "a food plot helps other wildlife," because birds, squirrels, raccoons, rabbits, and other types of wildlife eat the corn as well.
Old 03-05-2006, 10:06 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: timbercruiser

Maybe Jack could please list all of the "correct" ways to deer hunt.
Legally.
Old 03-05-2006, 10:10 PM
Typical Buck

I looked at Jack's posting history and couldnt find a single thread that he actually contributed factual information other than to incite anger and bitterness.I'm beginning to wonder if he's an anti- in disguise.

I'm searching the TAC for recourse to have the moderators tape his mouth shut. Untill then, it's off to the ignore pile.
What should any one expectif you can't find a deer with out a bait pile?

Here's one for you. Get ready, it's coming down the path right now. I dumped a pile of apples in front of you so it would stop for perfect broadside even you could read....

Baiting is illegal in Indiana.

Did you get that? There is some plain ole' factual information. It may say you a ticket if you are ever hunting in Indiana.

If it makes you mad, there's nothing I can do about it. If you can't even control your own emotions, I sure as heck can't.
Old 03-05-2006, 10:12 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: FlDeerman

You're right Davoh,I looked at his past one hundred post,I think I found two that weren't negative.
Thanks. It's good to know I've got fans. If you want on the preferred reading list, I'll have Oprah get in touch.
Old 03-05-2006, 10:14 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: stillhunt04

haha, that's probably why I haven't seen much of him lately.
Hey, I've left it alone for a while.

You guys are the one's who want to keep this thread alive. If you just want to pat each other on the back and nobody else is allowed to comment, you should take it to email.

And wipe that crap off yer face kid.
Old 03-05-2006, 10:25 PM

It is not leagle here and I hope it stays that way. Personally I do not care for it. Baiting and feeders cause deer to come around at certian times. If feeders are leagle, then I feel that the timers should be set to come on at like 10:00 Pm and go off at around 2:00 am at the latest. When there should not be anyone around. If it is leagle in your state then it is up to each hunter to do what he feels is ethically correct.

Quick Reply: Should hunting over bait be illegal in your area?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.