Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Should hunting over bait be illegal in your area? >

Should hunting over bait be illegal in your area?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Yes
46.01%
No
53.99%
Voters: 276. You may not vote on this poll

Should hunting over bait be illegal in your area?

Old 01-13-2006, 10:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Should hunting over bait be illegal in your area?

OK!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm just trying to get along with fellow hunters here!
Again, I'll support your method of hunting any time, as long as its legal in your area!
I wish that we all could do the same!

I know that my, "hunting over a corn field, is the same as hunting over bait," is falling on deaf ears!
JUST, like some of the others, "baiting is cheating," is falling on deaf ears here in Texas! Baiting has been LEGAL here in Texas, Before Christ, and will be legal, until the Second Comming!

So, I'll just try to paint ya'll a picture, and I hope as HUNTERS, we can at least be civil here!
When you say that baiting is not the same as hunting a corn field. Think of this, Tx. is 5-10 times bigger than most states, with a FRACTION of the food crops of some smaller states. More area, AND less crops!

IF, you can picture that, picture this: you are looking at aerial photo's of a 5000-10,000 acre plot of land. You see a 40 acre corn field, somewhere in that 5000-10,000 acre plot!
Where are you most likely to hunt, or start your scouting?

Not ALL regions are the same! If its legal, its NOT cheating!

Old 01-13-2006, 10:43 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: JagMagMan

I know that my, "hunting over a corn field, is the same as hunting over bait," is falling on deaf ears!
It's not the ears that make the difference, it's what people have between them that allow them to differentiate between a bucket of cracked corn dumped on the ground under a shooting house and the same amount of corn still on the stalk spread out over 40 acres.

There's a difference, you know it, I know it and darn near every Hollywood slick paper video star knows it. Why do you think Ted goes to Texas and dumps out a bucket of corn to shoot video pets inside a pen instead of coming to Indiana and hunting wild animals educated on public ground and fed in the corn fields.
Old 01-14-2006, 06:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Jack Ryan

It's not the ears that make the difference, it's what people have between them that allow them to differentiate between a bucket of cracked corn dumped on the ground under a shooting house and the same amount of corn still on the stalk spread out over 40 acres.

There's a difference, you know it, I know it and darn near every Hollywood slick paper video star knows it. Why do you think Ted goes to Texas and dumps out a bucket of corn to shoot video pets inside a pen instead of coming to Indiana and hunting wild animals educated on public ground and fed in the corn fields.
Jack,
Come to East Texas. Use that methodof taking a bucket of corn and dumping it on the ground. Of course you will find the borders of the borders of that "pen" you speak of consist of the Rio Grande, the Gulf Of Mexico, The Sabine River, and the Red River. Then try to determine where the oak flats begin and the heavy unpenetrable thickets end, (except by the "tame deer" who can walk right through them).
You will quickly learn that corn is not even the deers favorite food around here especially when the acorn crop is good. I can tell you that acorns, natural grasses, and woods browse are a whole lot more natural than planted crops. And, If you want to call the forest around here a crop, you will find that the visibility in the woods here is probably 40 yards at the most without cutting a branch here and there with a chainsaw.

Most successful hunters around here find you have to fight through all of that I just described and find the trails, the buck sign, very secluded bedding areas to kill anything much more than a yearling.

Come down here from the north, and dump that bucket of corn on the ground. (I'm not suggesting you even want too). You will not only be very frustrated, but you will fit the stereotype of a Yankee (only talking stereotype here), and at best an unexperenced southern hunter.

C. Davis

Old 01-14-2006, 08:54 AM
Dominant Buck

Baiting has been LEGAL here in Texas, Before Christ, and will be legal, until the Second Comming!

Not ALL regions are the same! If its legal, its NOT cheating!

Old 01-14-2006, 09:04 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: FlDeerman

If you use a blow-gun to a cannon if it's legal in your state use it.I don't judge.

10-4,good buddy!
Old 01-14-2006, 09:30 AM

No wonder you guys have such a ruff row to hoe if yer trying to get deer to eat oil.
[quote]ORIGINAL: Jack Ryan

Hahaha That wasn't the point I was trying to make, but good comeback none the less! Davis makes a good point, when the acorns fall here you won't see a deer around a feeder, and you'll just sit there at one looking like a fool. And I don't even see why yall up north would even care what we're doing hundreds of miles away. I mean think about it, this is a twenty-two page arguement of whether you feed deer or not.

We're all hunters here, even if jcchartboy wouldn't like to think so.
Old 01-14-2006, 09:36 AM

havent tried it before but after reading this thread, i think ill put out some corn this year. lol

its leagal in NC.
Old 01-14-2006, 09:53 AM
Super Moderator

Please explain why or why not you chose yes or no.

(Planted food plots do not count as "bait")
Whats the difference in these ?

A food plot.

A bucket of corn.

A bottle of tinks 69.

To me they are all BAIT.

Bait is just something to draw the animal to a point in which to ambush it.

Each hunter must make up his/her own mind about this subject.

I used to not like a pile of corn but.
I got to thinking theres no difference in all types of baiting.

So if it is legal go for it.

JMHO
Old 01-14-2006, 11:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Stillhut04 said:
We're all hunters here, even if jcchartboy wouldn't like to think so.
Before pointing out how completely unfounded, uncalled for and downright ridiculous your statement is I will give you an opportunity to explain yourself....

(this out to be good)
Old 01-14-2006, 11:19 AM
Dominant Buck

Quick Reply: Should hunting over bait be illegal in your area?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.