Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Should hunting over bait be illegal in your area? >

Should hunting over bait be illegal in your area?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Yes
46.01%
No
53.99%
Voters: 276. You may not vote on this poll

Should hunting over bait be illegal in your area?

Old 01-26-2006, 09:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Should hunting over bait be illegal in your area?

Thats what the Darwin awards are for ,this guy will make the cut !!!
Old 01-26-2006, 09:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bawanajim

Thats what the Darwin awards are for ,this guy will make the cut !!!
Don't you worry...he did....
Old 01-26-2006, 09:24 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Jack Ryan

You know, I've been reading hunting forums for several years and I've read a lot of "Killed This" stories and seen a lot of happy hunting pictures posted. I just don't seem to recall any that started out with, "I shot this deer over a corn pile we been keeping fresh all year...."

And I don't recall a single proud trophy pic with a big corn pile in the foreground.
I have followed this thread and realize there are a lot of different views and opinions so I have decided to add my own. First I have been on here for about as long as you have (jack) granted I don't post much but I read most post quite frequently. I do however recall a couple of picks with big corn piles in the picture (beside the point). Do I put that in my post no does it matter no most people on here just want to see what you shoot and where (state) you shot it. I wish that people could just understand that it doesn't matter what circumstances you are under whether-hunting over bait, a water hole, glassing a canyon, on a deer drive, hunting with dogs, in a tree stand, stalking, or hunting from a high blind on a vehicle. The thing is we all use the legal means necessary to hunt and we all do everything we can to give us some sort of an advantage. I know that this post does not change anything but, keep this in mind we are all out there (hunting) under different circumstances and we all want to see each other be successful to keep this great sport alive.
Old 01-26-2006, 09:45 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: jcchartboy

ORIGINAL: North Texan

I've put blasting caps in apples. Does that count?

j/k
[Associated Press, Kincaid] A man at a party popped a blasting cap into his mouth and bit down, triggering an explosion that blew off his lips, teeth, and tougue state police said Wednesday. Jerry Stromyer, 24, of Kincaid, bit the blasting cap as a prank during a party late Tuesday night, said Cpl. M.D.Payne. Another man had it in an aquarium hooked to a battery, and was trying to explode it," Payne said. "It wouldn't go off and this guy said, 'I'II show you how to set it off."
Law of natural selection at it's best.
Old 01-26-2006, 10:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

j/k
[Associated Press, Kincaid] A man at a party popped a blasting cap into his mouth and bit down, triggering an explosion that blew off his lips, teeth, and tougue state police said Wednesday. Jerry Stromyer, 24, of Kincaid, bit the blasting cap as a prank during a party late Tuesday night, said Cpl. M.D.Payne. Another man had it in an aquarium hooked to a battery, and was trying to explode it," Payne said. "It wouldn't go off and this guy said, 'I'II show you how to set it off."
Hold my beer and watch this.
Old 01-26-2006, 11:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

j/k
Blew off his lips, teeth, and tounge???

Wow, that must have generated some kind of chamber pressure.

C. Davis
Old 01-26-2006, 11:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

Blasting caps detonating create a violent explosion. Contrary to what some may think, they are not some sort of mild-mannered firecracker. They are explosives that can do major, major damage. I've heard of people using them here many, many years ago to take deer in the manner I jokingly referred to earlier. When the deer bites down on the apple, the cap detonates and kills the deer.
Old 01-26-2006, 11:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

Blasting caps detonating create a violent explosion. Contrary to what some may think, they are not some sort of mild-mannered firecracker. They are explosives that can do major, major damage. I've heard of people using them here many, many years ago to take deer in the manner I jokingly referred to earlier. When the deer bites down on the apple, the cap detonates and kills the deer.
I didn't know that..... Now that kind of baiting right there probably oughta be illegal.

C. Davis
Old 01-27-2006, 12:25 AM

Baiting or not: can a factor be just how wild we find the wilderness?

If we see the deer herd like a rescource that need to be managed, cared forthen perhaps baiting is more accepted than if we in contrary have a perspective in which we find the wild to be truly wild and that we are expeiencing more of an adventure as guests rather than the caretakers.

It is not my intention but maybe Ive just pead off both thepro andthecon side here.[&:]
Old 01-27-2006, 02:15 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: 3Ddepression

It is not my intention but maybe Ive just pead off both thepro and thecon side here.[&:]
I just don't get the whole "pead off" thing. I don't see anything in this thread that gives any one a reason to get pead off about unless they are lieing about something.

The question was "should blah blha be legal in YOUR area". I'm not going to reread the whole thread but I don't remember anyone saying that they would change the law any where they don't live. Most everyone seems to SAY they are perfectly happy with the law the way it is right now where they live regardless of either way it falls.

Only ones who seem pead off are the ones who live where they bait and do bait and they are only pead off because it's cheating, they know it, but they get mad if any one says it. Nobody has suggested a federal law to stop cheaters any where from baiting any more than a law nation wide to stop cheaters from shooting sitting ducks.

It's a local issue, if some states don't mind cheating or raising their kids to master baiting instead of learning to hunt, then that's their problem not mine. It's already against the law to bait most game animals in Indiana, we don't want master baiters here no matter how long they've been doing it.

Indiana promotes hunting not baiting and we want to support hunters not master baiters who want to pretend to be hunters.

Quick Reply: Should hunting over bait be illegal in your area?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.