Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Dead deer in public view???

Old 12-03-2005, 10:55 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Dead deer in public view???

I never said anything about who started it. I don't know and I don't care. My kids used to give me that old "he started it" NO "He started it" Well this has turned into a childish bout of egos which does nobody any good. Go back and read this whole thing and then imagine what glee that thereal enemy would get from reading it. The way its turned out, no-one is right.
Old 12-03-2005, 11:03 PM

If I played golf.
I know i wouldhave to sneak out of my trailer at 5am and strap the golf bag to the roof of my jeep and throw the deer carcass over the bag.I am all dressed in orange.When I get to the golf course I have to hurry up and change into my sweater and tarp the deer before my golf buddies see it.What a pain in the ass to hide who I am from everyone. Waite a minute, my redneck friends wouldn't be offended by seeing golf bag strapped to my jeep.
I wonder if the country club members would be offended by the way I a parade my golf clubs around on the hood of my jeep while wearing bluejeans and a cap that says" show me your boobs?
Old 12-03-2005, 11:05 PM

I thought you was done here at this forum james b? You can't get enough of it can you?
Old 12-03-2005, 11:16 PM
Boone & Crockett

Now i am. I rest my case. Thank you.
Old 12-03-2005, 11:24 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: James B

I never said anything about who started it. I don't know and I don't care. My kids used to give me that old "he started it" NO "He started it" Well this has turned into a childish bout of egos which does nobody any good. Go back and read this whole thing and then imagine what glee that thereal enemy would get from reading it. The way its turned out, no-one is right.

Everyone is intitled to his opinion and this isyours James!For an indiviual from TN to put down his own kind, when there is more Proud Rednecks in that state than any other state, it's more than an insult!! My wife and family are from the NC and TN border and I take it as an insult, today, tomorrow and forever!!!
Old 12-04-2005, 02:33 AM
Boone & Crockett

Ahhhhh, but it's alright for him to start it? Ifhe would have left the Redneck put down and grose insults of Redneck familiesout ofthis thread, it would have maybe been different!
I doubt that Rebel. I've been labeled a no good yank, sissy, golfing *****, non hunter, non outdoorsman, "not a man", etc.... just because I disagreed with displaying your dead carcass. Not once have I made a redneck/personal attackcomment. Actually in one of my post I proclaimed my redneck status (50 pages ago I think).

If I played golf.
I know i wouldhave to sneak out of my trailer at 5am and strap the golf bag to the roof of my jeep and throw the deer carcass over the bag.I am all dressed in orange.When I get to the golf course I have to hurry up and change into my sweater and tarp the deer before my golf buddies see it.What a pain in the ass to hide who I am from everyone. Waite a minute, my redneck friends wouldn't be offended by seeing golf bag strapped to my jeep.
I wonder if the country club members would be offended by the way I a parade my golf clubs around on the hood of my jeep while wearing bluejeans and a cap that says" show me your boobs?
What the heck are you talking about?

Over and over people have to continue to say you shouldn't be "ashamed of who you are" or "covering up that you're a hunter". For the 173 time I will say IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THAT. You're not hiding you're a hunter. Have your buddy drive while you stand on top of the roof in all your hunting gear. Get a megaphone and drive through town proclaiming to everyone you are a hunter and just killed the deer under the tarp!!!!!!!!! Take an add out in the newspaper telling the story and who you are. Do whatever you want to do to let it be known you're a hunter. Just cover up the dead carcass for the general public is all. Nobody is asking you to hide who you are or be ashamed of anything.

ok on with the golf/country club/arrogant/yankee comments please.
Old 12-04-2005, 06:14 AM
Dominant Buck

Squirrel,
You keep replying like that and you probably won't be here long. These folks on here are much more respectful than that. Those who aren't are no longer here.
Chuck7
Old 12-04-2005, 07:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

A lot of stuff in this thread to comment on...I just have a couple small, personal truth to throw into the ring.

I remember, as a kid, seeing deer strapped on vehicles and hanging in trees in people's yards. To me, it was the coolest thing. It was a motivator. I wanted to get out in the woods and get my own.

In the local culture of my little home town, it was accepted. Nothing barbaric about it.

Now, as an adult, living in the suburbs, I don't see this anymore. But if I did, it wouldn't bother me -- it would fit part of my memories as that which is normal and acceptable.

PS, I also hung a squirrel tail from the rear view mirror of my first car!!
Old 12-04-2005, 07:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

now that is red[:-]
Old 12-04-2005, 07:53 AM

ORIGINAL: etothepii

A lot of stuff in this thread to comment on...I just have a couple small, personal truth to throw into the ring.

I remember, as a kid, seeing deer strapped on vehicles and hanging in trees in people's yards. To me, it was the coolest thing. It was a motivator. I wanted to get out in the woods and get my own.

In the local culture of my little home town, it was accepted. Nothing barbaric about it.

Now, as an adult, living in the suburbs, I don't see this anymore. But if I did, it wouldn't bother me -- it would fit part of my memories as that which is normal and acceptable.

Hanging a squirrel tail from your antenna---how disgusting--that's not right!!!I hope you got all the evidence removed first-all that nasty blood and guts.......

Quick Reply: Dead deer in public view???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.