Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

12 Ga. Close in killing

Old 06-10-2005, 12:43 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: 12 Ga. Close in killing

The only experience I had was while squirrel hunting once. While I was sitting a doberman was trotting by. he stopped 20 yds in front of me ,turned in my direction and started toward me. No barking or nothing. I was using #6s. I had a single shot and when he was within 10 yds I shot him in the face. He didn;t even bark.Turned around and fled through the woods. My prayers are with you for favor with the judge, and a quick healing. There is no need for that non-sense. I believe I would work on shooting with my opposite arm friend. It seems like there must be a light weight rifle out there for ya.

God bless you,
Chuck
Old 06-11-2005, 05:06 AM

that angers me just to read

i would have a serious bone to pick with the neighbors

I did have a neighbor who had rotts who would swim with me and my bro when we were young do i don't have anything against them.

Ouch

Good thing you protected your kids
Old 06-15-2005, 04:51 AM

Those dog's need to be put down period ! I would let the police take care of it and If the dog's aren't killed, then you need to take care of it. Next time, theycould bite your kid's, and maybe even in theface or another child ( think about it). Dog's that bite people, away from there home, protecting nothing, need to be killed, plain and simple ! ............ and you don't need buck shot, to turn a dog's head to mush at point blank range any magnum 12ga load will work, however I do think it's time for you to go spend couple of bucks on a box of 00 or number 4 buck, this way if you don't have a good head shot it won't matter.. I have a close friend, that has too where his hair long, to cover the scars on his faceform a dog bite's. Ask him or his father, about dog's that bite.
Old 06-15-2005, 07:48 AM
Boone & Crockett

It is a little late but sorry to hear about your bad experiences with the dogs. I have not read through the 4 pages of posts yet but I am guessing that some folks are having a problem with your intentions of shooting the animals.