Alaska Thread >

Alaska Thread

Community
West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

Alaska Thread

Old 03-12-2003, 12:12 PM

Default RE: Alaska Thread

Hi Everyone!

SEAK--Anchorage was...well, Anchorage. Actually warmer than Juneau, oddly enough....but we have the Taku winds howling right now, so that always makes things chilly around here. Kinda hard to resent the gorgeous blue sky, though!

VBM--You know, if you ended up buying a place in Juneau, you might be able to get rid of the VBM handle.....nah, who are we kidding? Hey, if you did move to Juneau, are you willing to get the mark of valor on your palm that requires a stitch? I mean, both SEAK and I have them.

NIM--I' m sensing a buttons story here that I know nothing about, but suspect that it' s amusing....at VBM' s expense. Wanna share?
Old 03-12-2003, 12:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey, at least my gonads don' t hang down to my knees old guy!

Didn' t I say before that this was a mutual decision made by my wife? You gotta give em an inch or so every once in a while. Of course this inch is causing me probably over 100,000 of airline miles over the next two years! []

Nim, are you going to be home during the first and second week of June, or are you up at work?

SEAK, yea, I gotta give it to you, you take great photos! Yes, that is a compliment, not followed with a rib, slander or slam.[:-] I am trying to prove that I can show restraint, but it ain' t easy.
Old 03-12-2003, 04:49 PM
Typical Buck

JUNO GRL- HI WELL UNLESS THIS OLD MIND HAS FORGOTTEN A BUTTON STORY THERE ISN' T ONE JUST ABM MENTIONED THAT " Nimrod, guess you like to push buttons eh?"
VBM- THANX FOR THE COMPLIMENT![] WELL I WAS NOT AWARE YOU HAD BEEN PEEKING , I WILL HAVE TO BE MORE CAREFUL IN THE FUTURE. BUT IT WAS PROBABLY MY BUTT CHEEKS DRAGGING AS I WAS REALLY TIRED OUT ON THAT GOAT HUNT. IS THAT PEEKING THING A LATENT VEGAS THING [][>:][:-] AS FAR AS THE MUTUAL DECESION MADE BY YOUR WIFE THAT WAS THE MOVING TO VEGAS ,SO YOUR SAYING THAT THE MISSING OF THE ABA BANQUET WAS HER DECESION TOO, HUMMMM[>:][:' (] I' M OFF TILL 11 JUNE- 6 WEEKS OFF STARTING 30 APRIL- GOING TO BE DOWN IN MO AND LA. BOWFISHING, REUNION AND BLACK WIDOW SHOOTING SCHOOL , BOWFISHING , THEN TO NEW ORLEANS FOR A MEETING THEN HOPEFULLY BOWFISHING AGAIN DOWN THERE IN LA....I WILL BE HOME BY THE FIRST OF JUN. WHY DO YOU ASK?
IT IS REALLY WINDY HERE @SOLDOTNA...DUST FLYING EVERYWHERE PRETTY COLD AS WELL.
Old 03-12-2003, 06:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nimrod, I am planning on flying into Anchorage after my rotation in late May, and my wife is coming down to pick me up in Anchorage, and we plan to cruise around the state some before we leave in July for Vegas. She wants to see Soldotna and Kenai, so I was curious if you were home, we could swing by, meet the family and say hi. I' m still trying to iron out bear hunting for the last couple days of May and first couple days of June, so I' m not sure exactly what days we would drive down there. Is pike bowfishing going on that time of year? [8D] I' d imagine you' ll be pretty bowfished out after your trip.

Sounds like a fun trip though, are you hopefully heading out with Sully? I' m trying to find what is available for bowfishing around Vegas, but so far am coming up empty.

Juno Grl, no story on pushing buttons, unless you count my belly pushing my pants button with this gut that is forming. I was just refering to Nimer stirring the pot some, and trying to hit me with low blows. He' s a funny guy though, he thinks gonad drop is a good thing. Thank god he isn' t a well endowed woman! [>:][>:] We' d have to remind him constantly, " no old lady, that isn' t sexy" [X(]

Would that be part of my " welcome to Juneau" initiation, a stab in the palm? I would rather do something a little less self mutilating, I like the kinky stuff, but you guys take it a step too far in my opinion!
Old 03-12-2003, 06:54 PM

VBM--We might consider letting you into Juneau if you go get " I LIKE RAIN" tattooed on your tail. What do you think, SEAK?
Old 03-12-2003, 09:53 PM

Ok Guys and Gals, Here is the caribou from this past fall. Some of you have probably seen this picture before since I proudly posted it on this site last year. I' ll post more pics of it later.

Old 03-12-2003, 09:57 PM

Here' s another

Old 03-12-2003, 10:06 PM

Here' s a nice Delta Managment area sheep bagged with my smoke pole. Although its not a bow kill, I' m still proud.

Old 03-12-2003, 11:57 PM
Typical Buck

S/M- GREAT LOOKING CRITTERS, CONGRATS. MY ONLY SHEEP IN AK WAS RIFLED, ALSO A DELTA HUNT BACK IN 1980. MY SON GOT A BIGGER ONE THE FOLLOWING YEAR HOPEFULLY I WILL ARROW ONE THIS SEPT. I HAVE AN EKLUTNA TAG.
ABM- YES I SHOULD BE HOME RUBEN AND HIS WIFE WILL BE UP FROM FLORIDA. AND PIKE SHOULD BE JUST STARTING SO I WILL BE READY TO GO CHASE A FEW.
Old 03-13-2003, 12:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Great pics mudman! I remember seeing the pictures of that bou last year. That bou has a huge body on it, the thing looks like a moose body size laying down!

Nimrod and SEAK, see youz on Saturday.

Quick Reply: Alaska Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.