Community
West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

Alaska Thread

Old 03-11-2003, 04:29 PM

Default RE: Alaska Thread

VBM VBM VBM VBM VBM VBM [>:]
Old 03-11-2003, 04:31 PM

Oh yea, I almost forgot, Hey Nim, we are going to have to pick up VBM at the airport on saturday!!!
Old 03-11-2003, 04:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Keep it up, you might want to take the advice above! [>:][>:][>:]
Old 03-11-2003, 06:30 PM

Opps, sorry about that, ABM ABM ABM ABM ABM ABM![:-]
Old 03-11-2003, 07:25 PM
Typical Buck

NAH! I LIKE VBM BETTER[>:][8D]
Old 03-11-2003, 09:18 PM

ABM - First tell me where you live and then I may tell you who I worked for. The guy was a creep and I' m ashamed to have ever associated with the guy. Chances are you probably know him.
Yes I knew Dave Neel. His wake last winter was a quite a bash. I wish I have that many friends at mine - of course I' ll never know. He was a great man and we all miss him.
As far as the ' bou - the inside spread is the only spread measurement used in the final score. Where did your dad get his? I' ve hunted caribou with a bow and have learned that any bull with a bow is a good bull.
I may go to the banquet this saturday night. Many of my friends will be there.

I' msorry to hear you had to deal with the mud. Remember this...Baroid=goodmud
MI=badmud got it?
SEAK - I have been going to POW for the past few years. I have baited and stalked bears but haven' t bagged the trophy I' ve been looking for. Its not that I haven' t killed one, just not a giant that SE alaska is known for. Hopefully this is the year.......
Old 03-11-2003, 09:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

I live up in Fairbanks. I don' t know too many guides, but do know enough that it would probably be better if I didn' t know who you are talking about.

That' s got to be one hell of a bou then if the spread credit is all you get and it grossed out that high. My dad took his on the north side of the Brooks on a trip we took this summer. I' ll add a picture of that bou on the bottom of this reply.

Baroid seems like a cleaner operation in my opinion. I had delt with Carl over at Sperry Sun quite a bit, I guess the two companies are related somehow, but are owned by Halliburton now. If you knew Carl, he was into hunting, he isn' t up here any longer. I went by a few days ago to the Baroid shop to do some work and a new guy is sitting in his desk.

We were all pretty bummed about Dave. He was working his shift up here flying around the fields and they needed an extra hand down in Bethel, so off he went. I think 2 or 3 days after I talked to him in the hotel he crashed. I had flown with him earlier in the spring looking for a bear.

Nimrod, guess you like to push buttons eh? Let me know when you come down to vegas, I' ll help you make reservations. [>:] See you guys on Saturday, at the upper terminal around 9:30 or so.

Old 03-11-2003, 10:35 PM

VBM - That sure is a nice pic, the photographer must have really known what he was doing!!! By the looks of the pic, that Bou' sure had a small body!

S/M - We have been on a couple of the real big ones in the past couple of years, best we have come away with squared at 6' -9" and a 19 9/16" scull. Attached Pic (I hope) doesn' t do him justice, but the good photographers were both in the frame!

Old 03-11-2003, 10:40 PM

Try this again.....

Old 03-12-2003, 11:57 AM
Typical Buck

SEAK- " ONE STICH / TWO TRY"
VBM- BUTTONS WHAT BUTTONS, SEE YOU AT 9:30 SAT.OH BY THE WAY A TRUE ALASKAN BOWHUNTER WOULD STAY LONG ENOUGH TO ATTEND THE BANQUET, [&:]BUT THOSE FOLKS FROM " AMERICA" DON' T SEE THE IMPORTANCE. IT' S JUST A LOWER 48 GUY KINDA THING BUT HEY DON' T YOU WORRY WE WILL STILL ASSOCIATE WITH YOU, WE UNDERSTAND YOU ARE PRACTICING TO FIT IN DOWN THERE. OH BY THE WAY BEFORE YOU BLAME IT ON YOUR LOVELY WIFE BE AWARE THAT WE WOULD NOT DARE TO MAKE COMMENTS ABOUT YOUR LACK OF GONADS IF YOU DID BLAME HER.[][8D][>:]" BUTTONS WHAT BUTTONS"

Quick Reply: Alaska Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.