Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

WARNING!

Old 04-02-2008, 02:15 PM
Typical Buck

Default WARNING!

If you have mosquitos where you turkey hunt, like we do in Georgia. They're so thick this year they look like part of the furniture in the woods. If so, you probably use a thermacell.

I always light mine at the truck before I take off into the woods, (usually before daylight). This morning I put in a new bottle & pad, it wouldn't light, took it out and put it back in, sometimes this helps, it didn't. I put it in another thermacell and it still wouldn't light. I put it in a third one, not made by thermacell and it lit. I got out another bottle and put it in the old one and it lit.

So WARNING, check them before you leave your vehicle. I always carry a spare bottle and pad with me.

dog1
Old 04-02-2008, 04:38 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: WARNING!

Thermacell and Permanone, two things I don't go without!!!
Old 04-02-2008, 04:46 PM
JW
Super Moderator

Shoot - laid those booby traps as I hunted with dog last year and I swear he really needed fresh northern blood for skeeter bait! He would send me one way and he wold go another - I would come back as one big ole welt - he was well.......I was skeeter bait!

Oh well - do heed his warning.

Don't leave home without one

JW
Old 04-02-2008, 05:10 PM
Typical Buck

I sure hope tennessee doesn't get THAT thick with them this year but when the skeeters come out it means turkey weather so part of me has to say bring on the bitin bast**** lol BB

Old 04-02-2008, 05:23 PM
Fork Horn

last year in the 4th season in IL it wasnt the skeeters but the buffalo gnats luckly i tagged out early but pops was stuck in the war zone