Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 UPDATE::WARNING!!! Trail Sense Engineering!! WARNING!!UPDATE >

UPDATE::WARNING!!! Trail Sense Engineering!! WARNING!!UPDATE

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

UPDATE::WARNING!!! Trail Sense Engineering!! WARNING!!UPDATE

Old 02-18-2006, 10:25 AM

Default UPDATE::WARNING!!! Trail Sense Engineering!! WARNING!!UPDATE

Hey guys,

I just wanted to give ya'll a little heads-up on Trail Sense Engineering, the company that makes the Trail Mac brand scouting cameras. As ya'll know I own the digital Trail Mac scouting camera and I have really enjoyed the camera. Well, awhile back the unit started messing up. The camera lens would retract for no reason when the unit was set-up and it started eating batteries (a set of new Duracells would be dead in less than a day without any pics). I decided to send it back to Trail Sense Engineering. After sending several e-mails asking about where to send it to and not getting a response I decided to call. I was told that I would recieve a phone call later that day giving me instructions on where to send the unit. Well, I never recieved a call so a few days later I call back and am told the same thing. Finally, nearly a week after the first call I recieve a call with instructions on where to send the unit. I sent it out and made sure that they would recieve the unit on Feb 3rd. Well, yesterday I still hadn't heard anything about the unit, they never informed if they had recieved it or what was being done with the unit so I called again. The lady on the phone told me that somebody would have to call me back and I asked when that would be. She told me later that day and I told her that last time I was told this I didn't recieve another call. Sure enough, nobody called me back so Monday morning they will be recieving another call from me.

This company makes some great products but this is some of the worst customer service that i have seen to date, the only company that I have had that was worse was BlackHawk carbon arrows. If anybody is looking at getting one of the Trail Mac cameras keep this in mind, if you ever have any problems with the unit you might as well talk to a brick wall as that will get you about as far as trying to get in touch with anybody as this company.

UPDATE::::

Hey guys, I just got an e-mail today from Trail Sense Engineering regarding my camera. They stated that they had recieved the unit and were in the process of testing it out. They said that a switch on the inside of the unit was switched into the wrong position and that is why the unit wasn't working properly (I specifically remember checking the switches before sending it back to make sure they were correct). They said that they have already filled over 2-65MB graphicscards off one single set of batteries so far and they are still running tests until the middle of the week at which time they will contact me and get my credit card info so they can charge my credit card for their testing and after that my unit will be sent back.

I am glad to hear something back but I specifically remember checking the switches and if I recieve the unit and continue experiencing the same problems I am going to be highly irritated that I paid them for nothing. I will keep ya'll updated whenever I get more info.
Old 02-18-2006, 11:14 AM

Default RE: WARNING!!! Trail Sense Engineering!! WARNING!!

What a shame. A great product just don't make up for piss poor customer service.

Off topic, but out of curiosity, why do both your Bowtec's have different DL's?
Old 02-18-2006, 11:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

man that really sucks, thanks for the heads up for everyone. hope everything works out for you.
Old 02-18-2006, 11:32 AM
Dominant Buck

You know this is a violation of board rules.... knocking a product.[8D] That said, email them the link to this forum. Tell them the guy that was looking to buy several of these, based on your earlier reports, isn't buying now based on your latest report.
Old 02-18-2006, 11:41 AM
Boone & Crockett

As far as I'm concerned he likes the product, not the customer service...no violation...don't jump to conclusions.

BM, let them know about how many people are going to hear about the issue of customer service via the mass you can reach on the internet...there is no excuse for their lack of courteousy.....
Old 02-18-2006, 11:57 AM
Dominant Buck

Product and customer service are all part of the same package. YOu don't buy a bow you know is great if you also know you can't get it serviced. I didn't jump to anything other than stating the facts and maybe getting in a little reminder as to the rules as sent down from the mountain.[8D]
Old 02-18-2006, 12:02 PM

david, you're walking that thin line between MOD and NON mod again........sheesh...what we gonna do with you son? [&:]
Old 02-18-2006, 12:05 PM
Dominant Buck

As chief NON-Moderator I must make sure we maintain some sort of consistancy and Non-consistancy you understand.[8D]
Old 02-18-2006, 12:06 PM

i interpreted the issueof brand bashing as exactly that, which does not include personal experience. to me this falls under personal experience.
Old 02-18-2006, 12:10 PM
Dominant Buck

That's why I didn't say anything about the disfunctional camera.

Quick Reply: UPDATE::WARNING!!! Trail Sense Engineering!! WARNING!!UPDATE

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.