Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Help With my situation.

Old 04-16-2007, 10:09 AM
Fork Horn

Default Help With my situation.

Ok so i hunt here in Central wisconsin, and i didn't send in my application so now i'm stuckwtih the 5th season first week of may, gobblers are gobblin and chasin already most are henned up, The area i hunt isn't hunted hard at all so i'm not worried about them getting educated, just wondering if you think they'l still be chasin late hens at this time yet, or should i stategize to just finding their food source?
Old 04-16-2007, 10:36 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Help With my situation.

They are still going to be looking for hot hens the 5 and 6th week. You should know where they are feeding anyway, because that is always a good spot to set up.
Old 04-16-2007, 10:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

IF the hens aren't interested in them, I would say your chances are better with calling because you will be the new hen on the block. I wouldn't get discouraged by your season choice.
Old 04-16-2007, 11:03 AM
Boone & Crockett

They will absolutely still be busy with hen through May. Remember, PA doesn't start until April 28th and I've killed interested toms right to the end of our May seasons. Fear not, your in good shape yet especially if your birds are not pressured. The last day can be just as productive as the first although it's hot right now, don't forget too many hens are also a bad thing. Later on when hens are on the nest more and more, toms are very susceptible to calling.