Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Situation

Old 10-23-2007, 05:19 PM

Default Situation

I am hunting on a private land thatbelongs to a friend of mine, I only got into bow hunting last year. I practice all year waiting for the season and now he wants to get out also. The problem I am having is he took his bow down for the wall, cob webs and all and is wanting to go out also. He told me he needs to practice a couple of times, and by that I mean two shots and that is it. Last year he came over to practice at my house andhit a van parked 80 yards away.
This is no joke, the target was at 20 yards and he hit a van. My question is how do I go about tell him in a polite way put the bow away,I know it is his land and he can do what he wants to, but I don't want to be out there and see him gut shot a deer and think it was a good shot. I have learn a lot for this forumit is just my opinion but I think you need to shoot more than two arrows and think your ready.Has anyone else had to deal with something like this.
Old 10-23-2007, 05:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Situation

Well it is his property and af he can't hit a target he is going to miss a deer, just make sure that he is shooting away from you...