Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 I have a bit of a situation >

I have a bit of a situation

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I have a bit of a situation

Old 08-18-2007, 09:51 PM

Default I have a bit of a situation

Me and my buddy are still in school and have gotten to hunt on the same land for 3 or 4 years now and last year the guy who owned the property bordering ours through a fit because we harvested one of his bucks and so now he's critasizing (sp) everything we do because our trail cameras aren't cuddebacks and our boots are the wrong brand "we're ganna scare away the deer for good" he says. This guy has called the cops because he said we were on his land (which we were not even close to).(not accusing him) but we have had ground blinds stolen and as far as we know he is the only other person we know that has been out there. In a normal situation i would just stop hunting there for a year but the way my classes are set up, the land is real close to school and i want to be able to go out there when i am able to. I have tried to calmly talk to him but he is real stuck up. I am not sure what to do. I think my only two options are to stick it out or see if i can find somewhere else to hunt. Thoughts?
Old 08-18-2007, 09:53 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: I have a bit of a situation

I wouldn't pay any attention to him! Just don't do anything dumb on your part. As long as you don't do anything wrong just ignore him.
Old 08-18-2007, 09:54 PM
Fork Horn

Oh and another thing why does it matter what brand of stuff you use?
Old 08-18-2007, 10:02 PM
Boone & Crockett

Sometimes my fellow bowhunters embarrass me.....what the hell is wrong with people. Talk with your landowner, explain the situation and continue what you are doing. Good luck.
Old 08-18-2007, 10:04 PM

like said earlier just ignore him...if you dont do anything wrong...he cant do anything to you...and take your pop up blinds in when you go in
Old 08-18-2007, 10:06 PM
Fork Horn

I would hunt it, it doesn't sound like there is anything you can do about it, some people just like to stir up crap.
Old 08-18-2007, 10:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

yeh and dont even think it was "his" deer. keep huntin, i hunt all the land around my house except about a 10acre track that belongs to a real hateful couple, i even asked them to hunt knowin the answer would be no, he didnt even let me finish my sentence and started in about nobody should hunt around there too many houses, all this crap, just ingnored him and didnt change a thing about my huntin.
Old 08-18-2007, 11:20 PM

DO NOT LET THIS GUY RUN YOU OFF......you have every right to be there, just as well as he does on his own property...the deer are not fenced in, and he knows that...hes just trying to run you off and it seems like hes almost won the battle....if you think hes a theif, set up a blind and hide a camera, and catch him in the act....that'll stop the non-sense...guarentee it....that's a pet peeve of mine...people who are not property owners, who are not leasing, who don't have permission, and yet they think they have all the hunting rights....[:'(]
Old 08-19-2007, 08:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Don't let him know you are in there be sneaky, do not leave any evidence that you are still hunting in the area.
Old 08-19-2007, 08:28 AM

bowhunters should never be seen by deer or people in the woods.

Quick Reply: I have a bit of a situation

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.