Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 RE: Letters From Bowtech. >

RE: Letters From Bowtech.

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

RE: Letters From Bowtech.

Old 10-03-2004, 12:14 AM

Default RE: Letters From Bowtech.

The letters below is one of the letters we got from Bowtech and the letter I had sent back to Bowtech a few months ago when we were complaining about the speed we were getting from the 04 SC Patriot we had purchased. We had posted them here on this forum at that time.

As stated below this Pro Shop had just started selling Bowtech bows when I got this one, so when I complained about the speed, as I said below he just took it back to Bowtech, as he goes out of state often to compete in archery shoots, instead of looking at it himself. But when they sent it back to me it looked as nothing had been done to the bow & it shot the same, as best I could tell.

When someone on this forum said they shot faster with a 70# Patriot let off to 62# than the 60# jacked up to 64# I ordered the 70# limbs.

Now the tech at Bowtech said the bow should be more efficient jacked up all the way.

When the above Shop Owner changed the Limbs, he said the limbs as came from Bowtech had been installed wrong. He said on one limb pocket, a seating component was folded double where it should not have been.

He said he believes now the limbs should be more balanced and could very well put out more speed. When we have time we will verify.

Now I do not know what this says about The Bowtech Quality Assessments or Checks: or their Customer Service. But if one, as stated in many of these post lately, hear noises or see other glitches in Bowtech bows, I believe one should open or have someone open the bow & confirm the assembly.

Don,

Our advertised speeds are tested at a full 70 lbs. with a 5 grain per
pound arrow. Any time you're dealing with draw weight less our
advertised weight you'll lose some speed even though you're still using
a 5 grain per pound arrow.

The cam timing should be set at 0.305 for best performance.

If you feel there's something wrong please have the dealer call our
Warranty Dept. to get it taken care of for you.

Regards, Pat

HELLO BOWTECH : Relating to This Bow(H46950115)

I know that advertised speeds are tested at a full 70 lbs. with 5 gr. per pound arrow.
But one has to take the info put out, when you cannot shoot it before you pay.

I bought this Bow with 4 draw length Modules to test archery components & I could use more speed. I have Mathews, Bear, and Darton Bows but none offered more than 310 fps @ 5 grs.

Where I live we had to pay for this Bow before we shot it. So I called Bowtech 2 or 3 times to make inquiries about the speed, what speet we would loose at 60+2-3 lbs. 5 gr.: and was told very little if any.. I was not given a fast number but was told within a few feet of low range or over it. That is the 320-328 per 5 grs.

Now the Birth Certificate is puzzling it says Peak wtight is 61 shooting 300 grs, but the Pro Shop & myself get 63 lbs. Does that mean the bow is meant to be shot at 4.85 grs.? The Pro Shop did some test at 4.86 grs per lbs(63 lbs-306 grs) & got 314,315, & 316 fps from this bow. The shop owner told Mike he got 316 fps from this Bow as if it is supposed to be shot at 4.86 grs.. So I may need more instructions on this Bow.
At 5 grs that would be 311,312, & 313 fps. Not precisely what I Paid The $700 for.
And my meters one is same as theirs, plus one just bought to confirm this Bow’s readings got 2 or 3 less fps.

The Pro Shop Owner is taking this bow up to you this week-end for the shoot-out & Mike said a new Birth Certificate would be put on it for the 30” Module. I hope it is a Birth Certificate I can understand a little better.
Let me know where & if something is wrong, or if we have a failed communication.

Thanks
Old 10-03-2004, 01:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey that's me!

As much as I hate to do it, my Patriot will be bowshop bound on Monday afternoon (after putting in a morning hunt with my 8 year old mathews).
I'm gonna let them try to figure out my noise, maybe there is a limb issue which might help out my tuning issue. I just hope I don't loose the progress I've made when they brake my bow down.

So how does your bow shoot, other than speed, with the fixed limb pocket?
Old 10-03-2004, 03:06 PM

I would have to say I am one of the guys that has had an unpleasant (so to speak) experience with my Bowtech. My worst experience was with the dealer but still the problems I have had should not have escaped quality control.

My 03 Patriot was LOUD when I got it home and shot it outside. After trying a million different things and spending over $100 on silencing accessories and getting a new rest I was shocked when the cable rod fell right out on the floor when I took the gaurd off []

I was told to take it to a different shop because there is 2 sets of screws to tighten the rod and one was not tight. The new shop could not get the second screw tight and found out that a hunk of metal machined off the riser was jammed in the threads of the inside screw hole. How this escaped quality control at Bowtech is beyond me.

To this day I don't consider my bow stealthy. I don't think it is LOUD but it sure isn't gonna wow anyone with it's silence either. I am shooting heavier arrows this year and it still has some noise coming off it. I don't know what it is. The bow has been pulled apart and all accessories checked. I have not shot the bow at a deer yet.........hopefully I will this year......but if and when I do if i get jumped I am gonna be FUMING.

I have decided that at the end of the season I am gonna send the bow back to Bowtech and make them figure it out. For a top shelf bow at top shelf money that preaches speed, silence, and smoothness.........I expect less noise.........especially considering I am not shooting light arrows or even have the limbs maxed out and have every silencer on the market stuck on it.

To be fair the bow shoots like a dream and does give me speed I can get no where else. I can drive tacks out to 40 yards with it and I haven't seen a broadhead yet that didn't fly with my fieldpoints out of it.

If it was a quieter bow I would say it was perfect.

To be continued..............
Old 10-03-2004, 04:06 PM

Send the bow to me, priority mail and I'll fix it for free and return it via priority mail also
Old 10-04-2004, 10:41 AM

ORIGINAL: atlasman
My 03 Patriot was LOUD when I got it home and shot it outside. After trying a million different things and spending over $100 on silencing accessories and getting a new rest I was shocked when the cable rod fell right out on the floor when I took the gaurd off
This is bizarre; my 04 Patriot was the most quite Bow I had, even with the 306 gr @ 311 fps: so maybe the fold over seating component was not all bad..??

But it will be a few days before I find time to shoot it again: post at that time.
Old 10-04-2004, 10:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

Wow, so the company told you you would get 320-328 and you got 313-316 shooting at less draw weight, whew, that's a whole 1.3%. Company said max would be 61 pounds, and you got 63. I know be loosing sleep, I'd be sending my bow back if it did that.
Old 10-04-2004, 11:35 AM

Check the module screws on your not so stealthy bow -- very often this is the cuase.
Old 10-04-2004, 11:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

WOW.........I knew cats had nine lives but not horses. I could have sworn that we have beaten that horse to death already[:'(] It's like dejavu all over again
Old 10-04-2004, 01:59 PM

Rob,

I can't even count how many times I have checked EVERY screw on this bow. I have taken the bow apart piece by piece and shot it to see if I could isolate the noise. The cable rod is epoxied in the riser for zero vibration. I have the stock shock blocks from Bowtech on the limbs near the riser and Limbsavers near the cams. I have a Limbsaver cable dampener on the rod near the riser. I have cat whiskers on the string and cables. I have no peep tubing. I have limbsavers on my sight. I have a new Doinker D2 in as a stabilizer and a small 1 oz Doinker in the rear stabilizer hole in the riser. I shoot heavier arrows (Carbon Express Terminator Hunter Selects) with 100 grain tips at 27".

I just don't know what else to do except send it back at the end of the season and let them fix it or replace it. It just makes too much noise for a Patriot with every silencer on the market attached.

Like I said already. I LOVE this bow!!! It shoots faster then any bow will out of my hands and I can group broadheads well at 40 yards from a treestand.

If it wasn't for the noise issue I would be 100% completely satisfied.

The worst part is I know guys with the same bow and shooting with them really gets on my nerves because my bow sounds nothing like theirs do with less then half the crap loaded on.
Old 10-04-2004, 11:15 PM

The worst part is I know guys with the same bow and shooting with them really gets on my nerves because my bow sounds nothing like theirs do with less then half the crap loaded on.
There is a lot of equipment on this bow, if you have taken the bow apart & checked for the correct assembly, it groups fixed blade broadheads well @ 40 yds, nothing loose, timing ok, nothing cracked, correct clearance for moving parts, & no arrow contact: it would be interesting to know what it would sound & shoot like, with everything off but the blocks & gear from Bowtech.

Quick Reply: RE: Letters From Bowtech.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.