Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 RE: Letters From Bowtech. >

RE: Letters From Bowtech.

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

RE: Letters From Bowtech.

Old 10-04-2004, 11:53 PM

Default RE: Letters From Bowtech.

Did you check to see if your grip is loose? The grip on my Justice and also the grip on my wife's Patriot is loose on the side that has the BowTech logo engraved in it. I can squeeze the grip and it will give just a bit. If you take your index finger and lightly tap on the area above the BowTech logo, you can hear a hollow sound on our two bows, tapping on the other side sounds solid. Our's isn't bothering our shooting and I'll just wait until it's loose enough to remove and then re-glue,,,, maybe this winter I believe that due to the very thin cross section of wood in the grip, that moisture,,, either absorbed into or has escaped from the grip causing it to spread and is loose on the logo side.
Old 10-05-2004, 04:42 AM

Atlas,

To narrow it down, I'd take everything off the bow and then add one item at a time. Take off the sight, the grip, quiver, No-peep, stabilizer, even the rest if it may be making noise. add things back one at a time starting with the stabilizer. With the string off, check the cams. Make sure there is no play. When putting accessories back on, I highly recommend putting a layer of mole skin anywhere there is metal to metal contact.

Good luck,
Old 10-05-2004, 10:51 PM

ORIGINAL: BobCo19-65
Wow, so the company told you you would get 320-328 and you got 313-316 shooting at less draw weight, whew, that's a whole 1.3%. Company said max would be 61 pounds, and you got 63. I know be loosing sleep, I'd be sending my bow back if it did that.
Some people wish to know about how a bow will shoot, so they can tell if a bow has been assembled correct or has defective parts: as the Pro Shop Owner, encountered with this bow. This Shop Owner is one of the best competitive shooters & goes often to meets out of state, so he just took this bow back himself.

Not being loaded, when I pay $700 for a bow, it is expected to perform, almost at least, as well as the company techs tell me it should.
Old 10-06-2004, 11:14 AM

Now the Birth Certificate is puzzling it says Peak wtight is 61 shooting 300 grs, but the Pro Shop & myself get 63 lbs
Not all scales are the same. Yours could be off.
Old 10-07-2004, 09:39 PM

[quote]ORIGINAL: silentassassin
WOW.........I knew cats had nine lives but not horses. I could have sworn that we have beaten that horse to death already[:'(] It's like dejavu all over again[quote]

I’m sorry, but I did not know that Bowtech’s Correct Assembly of Bows had been brought up 8 times on this forum lately, But one could ask Pat or some other tech at Bowtech, about what they saw wrong with this Bow (H46950115) & ask what dealer they sent it back too, who found an incorrect assembly of it, when they did take it apart to change the limbs????
Old 10-08-2004, 10:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

Some people wish to know about how a bow will shoot
Me too, but the only thing I can trust is how it is shooting in my own hands, no-one elses.
Old 10-08-2004, 10:31 PM

ORIGINAL: BobCo19-65

Some people wish to know about how a bow will shoot
Me too, but the only thing I can trust is how it is shooting in my own hands, no-one elses.
Some people are just different: as indicated several months ago here on these posts, when ones pay $700 + for a bow, I believe one should be able to almost duplicate the way it shot, in the hands of the company tech ??

If not, & the company does not take it down to find the problem, they should pay the Pro Shop Owner or the Bow Owner who found & corrected it ??
Old 10-09-2004, 09:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

I love my new BowTech Patriot dually,I can't tell you of anything that I don't like about this bow .As far as BowTech's customer relation's I'd have to say that they're number #1 as well .Sorry to hear of your problem's and I hope you can get thing's straightened out .
I'm sure if Walk's with a Gimp get's his hand's on your bow you'll be more than satisfied with the result's .It certainly can't hurt.

nubo
Old 10-09-2004, 10:20 PM

ORIGINAL: nubo

I love my new BowTech Patriot dually,I can't tell you of anything that I don't like about this bow .As far as BowTech's customer relation's I'd have to say that they're number #1 as well .Sorry to hear of your problem's and I hope you can get thing's straightened out .
I'm sure if Walk's with a Gimp get's his hand's on your bow you'll be more than satisfied with the result's .It certainly can't hurt.

nubo
Thanks nubo: BUT the Pro Shop where the bow was bought took it apart and found that it was assembled incorrect.

I believe when a bow does not shoot near the speed the company tech’s, appraisers, or advertisers say it should: when brought back to them they should be the one’s able to tell you it is assembled wrong, without one waiting for a pro shop owner a few months down the road to make the assessment.

Maybe the people you mention should work for them, to stop incorrectly assembled bows from being shipped from the same factory twice.
Old 10-10-2004, 06:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

I looked at my limb pockets when it was tore down last week and couldn't grasp what was folded over on yours, could you specify what the issue was?

Inside my limb pocket I saw a white plastic shim with a slot in the middle for the limb bolt to slide through, kinda looked like teflon. But it looked way too thick to fold over and if it was I can only assume the limb would sit crooked. When I look at the assembled bow I can see a piece of black plastic sitting towards the rear, some sort of spacer.

p.s. mines still slow, but as I've said in the past- oh well. Live and learn.
65#, 29" draw, peep sight(no tube), ONE cat whisker on top, string loop w/ tied in nock, 418 grain arrow= 263-265 fps (both my chrony and the shops). Sound slow to any of you?
Maybe the new extra lubed limb pockets will fetch me another fps[:-]!

Quick Reply: RE: Letters From Bowtech.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.