Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 RE: Letters From Bowtech. >

RE: Letters From Bowtech.

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

RE: Letters From Bowtech.

Old 10-10-2004, 06:14 PM

Default RE: Letters From Bowtech.

ORIGINAL: DaveC

I looked at my limb pockets when it was tore down last week and couldn't grasp what was folded over on yours, could you specify what the issue was?

Inside my limb pocket I saw a white plastic shim with a slot in the middle for the limb bolt to slide through, kinda looked like teflon. But it looked way too thick to fold over and if it was I can only assume the limb would sit crooked. When I look at the assembled bow I can see a piece of black plastic sitting towards the rear, some sort of spacer.
Here is the way the assembly story went.

When it was decided to test the 04 patriot SC post on this forum, about 70# limbs jacked down vr the 60# limbs jacked up I called bowtech to see if there is anything to watch for on this bow, because I intended to change the limbs myself if the pro shop would have charged extra.

When I talked to the bowtech tech, about the job he said then to watch for, getting the shim or spacer (don’t remember now what the word was, could have been, seating pad) folded, so I guess there has been some sort of problem about that, when some people, or in this case bowtech themselves also, assemble these bows.

The pro shop owner said he did not charge for the change so we let him do it & did tell him about what the tech from the company said: as these people have not been dealing with these bows long, ours were their 2nd but they do have all instructions.

These people are good & often shoot in other states. I did not watch as they installed the limbs but he told me a component had been installed folded; I picked it up at closing time & did not have time to get the full story: will try to call next week for more info.

BUT looking at it here & now, there does appear to be a pad between the rocker and the limb, and as someone said before, much lubricant, so much in fact one cannot see the pad. As these people are new to this bow, I would deduce this heavy lube came from the instructions they received from the factory ??

I have not had time to try this bow lately because we had a house built & are very busy building a shop to get gear out of the rain, which usually starts here in Nov.

When there is more time we will test & put out the results on a post.

Now to get all the terminology & instructions on these bows, one could look up the Patent on the net.

Now if you intend to take this bow down and do not feel confident about it, I would advise a call to a company tech, first.