HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - RE: Letters From Bowtech.
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2004, 03:06 PM
atlasman

Default RE: Letters From Bowtech.

I would have to say I am one of the guys that has had an unpleasant (so to speak) experience with my Bowtech. My worst experience was with the dealer but still the problems I have had should not have escaped quality control.

My 03 Patriot was LOUD when I got it home and shot it outside. After trying a million different things and spending over $100 on silencing accessories and getting a new rest I was shocked when the cable rod fell right out on the floor when I took the gaurd off []

I was told to take it to a different shop because there is 2 sets of screws to tighten the rod and one was not tight. The new shop could not get the second screw tight and found out that a hunk of metal machined off the riser was jammed in the threads of the inside screw hole. How this escaped quality control at Bowtech is beyond me.

To this day I don't consider my bow stealthy. I don't think it is LOUD but it sure isn't gonna wow anyone with it's silence either. I am shooting heavier arrows this year and it still has some noise coming off it. I don't know what it is. The bow has been pulled apart and all accessories checked. I have not shot the bow at a deer yet.........hopefully I will this year......but if and when I do if i get jumped I am gonna be FUMING.

I have decided that at the end of the season I am gonna send the bow back to Bowtech and make them figure it out. For a top shelf bow at top shelf money that preaches speed, silence, and smoothness.........I expect less noise.........especially considering I am not shooting light arrows or even have the limbs maxed out and have every silencer on the market stuck on it.

To be fair the bow shoots like a dream and does give me speed I can get no where else. I can drive tacks out to 40 yards with it and I haven't seen a broadhead yet that didn't fly with my fieldpoints out of it.

If it was a quieter bow I would say it was perfect.

To be continued..............