HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - RE: Letters From Bowtech.
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2004, 12:14 AM
dwaasp

Default RE: Letters From Bowtech.

The letters below is one of the letters we got from Bowtech and the letter I had sent back to Bowtech a few months ago when we were complaining about the speed we were getting from the 04 SC Patriot we had purchased. We had posted them here on this forum at that time.

As stated below this Pro Shop had just started selling Bowtech bows when I got this one, so when I complained about the speed, as I said below he just took it back to Bowtech, as he goes out of state often to compete in archery shoots, instead of looking at it himself. But when they sent it back to me it looked as nothing had been done to the bow & it shot the same, as best I could tell.

When someone on this forum said they shot faster with a 70# Patriot let off to 62# than the 60# jacked up to 64# I ordered the 70# limbs.

Now the tech at Bowtech said the bow should be more efficient jacked up all the way.

When the above Shop Owner changed the Limbs, he said the limbs as came from Bowtech had been installed wrong. He said on one limb pocket, a seating component was folded double where it should not have been.

He said he believes now the limbs should be more balanced and could very well put out more speed. When we have time we will verify.

Now I do not know what this says about The Bowtech Quality Assessments or Checks: or their Customer Service. But if one, as stated in many of these post lately, hear noises or see other glitches in Bowtech bows, I believe one should open or have someone open the bow & confirm the assembly.

Don,

Our advertised speeds are tested at a full 70 lbs. with a 5 grain per
pound arrow. Any time you're dealing with draw weight less our
advertised weight you'll lose some speed even though you're still using
a 5 grain per pound arrow.

The cam timing should be set at 0.305 for best performance.

If you feel there's something wrong please have the dealer call our
Warranty Dept. to get it taken care of for you.

Regards, Pat

HELLO BOWTECH : Relating to This Bow(H46950115)

I know that advertised speeds are tested at a full 70 lbs. with 5 gr. per pound arrow.
But one has to take the info put out, when you cannot shoot it before you pay.

I bought this Bow with 4 draw length Modules to test archery components & I could use more speed. I have Mathews, Bear, and Darton Bows but none offered more than 310 fps @ 5 grs.

Where I live we had to pay for this Bow before we shot it. So I called Bowtech 2 or 3 times to make inquiries about the speed, what speet we would loose at 60+2-3 lbs. 5 gr.: and was told very little if any.. I was not given a fast number but was told within a few feet of low range or over it. That is the 320-328 per 5 grs.

Now the Birth Certificate is puzzling it says Peak wtight is 61 shooting 300 grs, but the Pro Shop & myself get 63 lbs. Does that mean the bow is meant to be shot at 4.85 grs.? The Pro Shop did some test at 4.86 grs per lbs(63 lbs-306 grs) & got 314,315, & 316 fps from this bow. The shop owner told Mike he got 316 fps from this Bow as if it is supposed to be shot at 4.86 grs.. So I may need more instructions on this Bow.
At 5 grs that would be 311,312, & 313 fps. Not precisely what I Paid The $700 for.
And my meters one is same as theirs, plus one just bought to confirm this Bow’s readings got 2 or 3 less fps.

The Pro Shop Owner is taking this bow up to you this week-end for the shoot-out & Mike said a new Birth Certificate would be put on it for the 30” Module. I hope it is a Birth Certificate I can understand a little better.
Let me know where & if something is wrong, or if we have a failed communication.

Thanks