Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 carbon arrow choices >

carbon arrow choices

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

carbon arrow choices

Old 01-05-2004, 08:40 AM
Typical Buck

Default carbon arrow choices

im looking for a good carbon arrow. whats your suggestions. I plan on deer and elk hunting
Old 01-05-2004, 09:36 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 01-05-2004, 10:41 AM

Default RE: carbon arrow choices

I'm looking for info too....

When I pick up my new '03 Pat. Dually, I'm thinking of getting carbons. The shop will give me a deal on the stuff they sell (Gold Tips, XTs, and the Easton Excel, Axis, Lightspeed, etc.)

Bow will be set at 60# max, arrow length will probably be around 31 or 32" (on a 30" draw). Rest will probably either be an HHA TN1000 (their new drop-away) or a Whisker Biscuit). I'll be using Rocky Ironhead 125's (got a stockpile of them..not gonna switch for a while).

*Edited - figured out how to use and read the shaft selector (helped when I saw an older style chart*

What do you guys think of using the LightSpeeds or Excels for hunting?
Old 01-05-2004, 01:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'm thinking of using the Easton Axis as well but I'm not sure what size to use yet ....For Patriot Dually 04

nubo
Old 01-05-2004, 01:19 PM

I used the Excel this year and was very pleased. I have heard very posistive reviews on the Axis shafts as well. Both are good choices.
Old 01-05-2004, 04:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

My best advice is NOT to skimp on arrowshafts. That is your delivery system for broadheads. You are better off spending less on a stabilizer or quiver, or sight or something else than skimping on arrow shafts.

That said....

I would recommend A/C/Cs over all others. Nothing touches them for conistency in spine, weight ,and straightness from shaft to shaft, dozen to dozen.

In an all or composite carbon shaft I would recommend the Carbon Express 3D & Terminator Selects, Goldtip 3D Pro's, Beman ICS Hunters, and any of the Easton C2 construction shafts (Epic, Evolution, the new 2004 Camo shafts, etc).

Currently I believe the new ST AXIS shafts to be very promising, and if they can hold their tolerances, I can see these being the "next big thing" in carbons. I've been pounding the crap out of mine and they are taking everything in stride so far. Very impressive.
Old 01-05-2004, 04:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Carphunter

I'm looking for info too....

When I pick up my new '03 Pat. Dually, I'm thinking of getting carbons. The shop will give me a deal on the stuff they sell (Gold Tips, XTs, and the Easton Excel, Axis, Lightspeed, etc.)

Bow will be set at 60# max, arrow length will probably be around 31 or 32" (on a 30" draw). Rest will probably either be an HHA TN1000 (their new drop-away) or a Whisker Biscuit). I'll be using Rocky Ironhead 125's (got a stockpile of them..not gonna switch for a while).

*Edited - figured out how to use and read the shaft selector (helped when I saw an older style chart*

What do you guys think of using the LightSpeeds or Excels for hunting?
Carp, shoot me an email or a PM, and I can help you in more detail
Old 01-05-2004, 05:07 PM

Gold Tip, the only choice!