Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
Carbon Arrow Choices >

Carbon Arrow Choices

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Carbon Arrow Choices

Old 12-10-2002, 07:39 PM

Default Carbon Arrow Choices

I am looking at switching to a carbon arrow. I shoot a Parker Force Multiplier (best bow I have ever shot), with a muzzy zero effect rest, 125 grain spitfires, and 28.5 inch arrow. What are you suggestions??????

U.S. Army
Old 12-10-2002, 08:04 PM

Default RE: Carbon Arrow Choices

HOOOAAHH....

What's your draw length & draw weight? Also - what are you using them for (hunting or 3d or spots..??)

I shot goldtip 3D Pro's this year for the 3D season & didn't break a single one which AMAZED me!!!

For hunting I used a Beman Matrix (carbon wrapped aluminum) to increase my KE a bit & these too performed well.

I would recommend staying AWAY from the cheaper carbons and expecially the 'camo' ones - from what I've seen they really burn into targets & can be a HUGE PITA to remove.

Right now I'd probably recommend the GoldTips - if your DW is 55-75 use the 5575's if it's 75-95lbs use the 7595's.

Aim small miss small
Old 12-10-2002, 08:18 PM

I shot 67lbs with a 28.5 in draw length. I would use these for hunting. Not much into 3D. I like to spend my spare time in the woods scouting and stump shoting. This is one of the reasons I am thinking of switching, I want to know for sure that if opps, I mean when I find my arrow stump shotting, it is either broken or straight. Thanks for the help.

U.S. Army
Old 12-10-2002, 09:28 PM

As soon as i say this someones gunna think im crazy. But, i actually love my carbon excels by easton. Even better than i did Beman ICS hunters or Game Tracker carbons. They shoot great, they fly great, and there not going to break your bank. Just my two cents. Id really consider taking a look at them though.
Old 12-10-2002, 09:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hunter9022, you're crazy.

Old 12-11-2002, 01:08 PM

I guess maybe I'm crazy too, but the best carbons I've found for the money are the Easton Carbonaero Epics that I'm currently shooting. I shoot at 65 lbs and 29" so it's very similar to your setup. I haven't had any problems with durability but I haven't done any stump shooting either. I'm not sure how well any arrow will stand up to consistant impacts with solid objects like stumps.
Old 12-11-2002, 01:24 PM

Easton Redlines, Epics, Beman ICSH, Blackhawk Vapors, Goldtip. They all make a good arrow anymore.

I think the best shaft going is the ACC but it is also very expensive :-(
Old 12-11-2002, 06:08 PM

See, told you you'd think I was crazy. But, i also shoot tournements just for my enjoyment. Im not into the big time money things yet. So, why spend all the money when I can do that same with cheaper. Plus, i use my same setup that i use hunting during 3D, so i can get use to it. I still recomend them.
Old 12-11-2002, 08:10 PM

I shot two types of carbons before shooting the GoldTip 3D Pros and the GoldTips were the only arrows that DIDN'T break during the season AND I'm quite certain I've got a ton more shots throught the GT's than the others...

So - although the GT's were more money I still have all 12 of them, prepped for re-fletching, and resting up for the indoor 3d season this year.

I didn't break ONE of the GoldTips.

Just my experience.

Aim small miss small