Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Archery Research Bows? >

Archery Research Bows?

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Archery Research Bows?

Old 02-13-2003, 05:26 AM

Default Archery Research Bows?

Is it just me or do the Bows from archery research look alot like the bowtech bows? I don' t think i' ve ever heard of this company before. what can you guys tell me about them. Do they make a good product or is it a just a ripoff of Bowtech' s design.
Old 02-13-2003, 07:09 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Archery Research Bows?

Haven' t seen one myself but from what the folks that attended the ATA show said they seem to pretty well put together. Archery Research is a PSE company. I do agree that they seem to possess several characteristics of not only Bowtech (in terms of the limb/riser design) but also Mathews Straightline Maxcam of recent years.

Smart marketing and design in my opinion. Take a popular design or series of designs and market it under a new company.
Old 02-13-2003, 07:19 AM

I saw one at the Harrisburg outdoors show and yes your right it seems like it is put together pretty well. was wondering what they are going for. forgot to ask that question when I was there.[8D]
Old 02-13-2003, 11:32 AM
Boone & Crockett

If I were you PA Hardwoods I would be afraid to ask. A little birdie told me that there is going to be a high markup on those bows...
Old 02-13-2003, 02:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

PABowhntr,
Old 02-13-2003, 02:49 PM

Last year I bought MYSELF a ' new' bow. Now keep in mind that I' ve been using the same bow design for the past 6 years. Even though I thought that bow was a great bow, I eventually went back to my old design. I still raved about that other bow to all my customers and all who bought it are thrilled with it.

Last night the AR/PSE Rep made a visit. We played with his AR samples for hours. I was able to put one through my test equipment and saw something that I' d never seen before - nock travel on a contemporary single cam that is somewhat adjustable. It is, therefore, NOT like the Mathews Straightline Cam.

I ordered a left-handed one in 34" ATA and can' t wait to tear it apart and then set it up. It has machining and design unlike anything else on the market. You really have to see one and then shoot it to understand. BTW, while the Rep was still here this morning, a customer walked in asking about the AR bows. We let him shoot one and he immediately bought a 31" ATA.

It may not be the bow for everyone; but, it certainly is well worth investigating.
Old 02-13-2003, 04:56 PM
Boone & Crockett

Ok Len. I will concede that point. The AR bows' cams look like a Mathews Straightline Maxcam though they may not have the same technical specs or shooting characteristics.
Old 02-13-2003, 05:27 PM
Fork Horn

Len,
What do you mean when you say that the nock travel is adjustable. I don' t quite follow you.
Trebark
Old 02-13-2003, 10:00 PM

An article that Norb Mullaney wrote discussed how bows were better/easier to tune when the nock travel was adjusted a certain way. With this in mind, I proceded to see if I could change the nock travel on certain designs to achieve this level of confidence. This morning I found that this could be done easily on the AR cam. It takes an Apple Ultra Tuning Machine to really achieve desired results.

Norb has an Apple Machine and I think he found this concept through his tests/analysis. Now that I' ve found out how to achieve this task, I intend on ' playing' with my AR as soon as it arrives. I also intend on seeing what it takes to get this characteristic out of other cam designs.

Don' t get alarmed. This is not a catastrophy if you don' t have an Apple Machine. The machine merely makes the job of tuning and keeping the bow tuned much easier.
Old 02-14-2003, 06:25 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]