Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Archery Research Bows >

Archery Research Bows

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Archery Research Bows

Old 05-18-2006, 11:45 AM
Dominant Buck

Default Archery Research Bows

So I stopped in to Len's this AM after I finished therapy at the VA. He got in one of those Archery Research bows. It's kind of cool. 34inch axle to axle, really almost a STRAIGHT riser(no reflex/D flex to it) 312-320 fps. That bad boy has limbs that are only something like 8 1/2 inches long. Brace height 6 1/2. Should be a good shooter when he gets it rigged. They have to many bows already to set up for customers etc to be playing right now. I know it's just killing Len not to beable to test it out.[8D][8D] Anyway, it's kind of cool. Comes with a Dozen carbon express arrows.

Old 05-18-2006, 12:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Archery Research Bows

Doeesn't much look like a bow. Use some carbonarrows with Blazers and no one will even know you are an archer That's not a complaint, I just think it is interesting how technology is changing the "looks" of archery so much.
Old 05-18-2006, 12:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Crazy looking, limbs are some seriousshortys, obviously not affecting speed at all if its shooting 310-320 out of the box.
Old 05-18-2006, 01:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah, they seem to be a good bow. We have a PSE Mach X on order at the shop which is pretty much the same bow with a little more brace height. The reports online have been pretty good for these bows. I wish they would make something like this in the 37-38" ATA range.
Old 05-18-2006, 02:01 PM
Site Buck Guru

That thing is all riser! How long is the riser? That alone should help stabilize the bow at full draw. Second question. How much does it weigh? I'm with Rick James, I like a bit longer A to A on my bows. I would be interested in the test results, please keep us posted.
Old 05-18-2006, 03:18 PM

looks to me like all the tension would be built up in the riser due to short not so flexible limbs , resulting in more hand shock....just my observation.
It is very possible that I'm way off on this[8D],it's only my opinion.
Old 05-18-2006, 06:58 PM
Dominant Buck

The thing weights just a gnats hair under 4 pounds. It has built in dampners on each of the split limb parts, on the pockets etc etc. Suppose to be no hand shock. It can be broken down without a bow press. Completely field serviceable they say. The longest model in their line is like 35 1/2 inch Axle to axle. One thing that sounds interesting about this is that each of the 4 limb parts are independantly adjustable. You can use this feature to manipulate cam attitude. I'll be interested in how it shoots too. Will let you know.
Old 05-18-2006, 07:14 PM

AR's are actually quite fun to shoot. The draw cycle is a bit harsh, but they are fast and relatively quiet. I've not shot this particular one. I believe it's new for this year. They make some pretty decent equipment. davidmil, get out there and shoot one and give us a full report, but I think you would like it.
Old 05-20-2006, 09:32 AM
Dominant Buck

I haven't gotten down to shoot it yet, but someone else did. His initial report is NOT too favorable. We'll play and tweek somemore. He had shot one at the AMO show and liked it. He said this bad boy(as someone suggested) jumps in your hand like a big dog. Not smooth at all. I don't know what if anything they had on it to calm it, but I'm sure it'll get a full test. He said there were numerous things he didn't care for. More to follow.
Old 05-20-2006, 09:54 AM
Banned

Dave just get a hoyt trykon and purchase the last bow you will ever need.....Uh Oh...here come the bowtech boys.

Quick Reply: Archery Research Bows

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.