Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

arrow tuning

Old 07-30-2006, 08:02 PM

Default arrow tuning

can some one tell me how i can make my field points and broadheads shoot to the same place broadheads always want to shoot about 3 inchs high how can i fix that i shoot a jennings buckmaster set at 62lbs and graphite arrows
Old 07-30-2006, 09:14 PM

Default RE: arrow tuning

There is always a complex answer available on this subject. A virtual
minutia of conflicting physics mixed with actual experience.
So let's skip all that and tell you to go and buy a six pack of Magnus two blade BH's. Not the fancy ones, just the plane Jane broadheads.
I've battled that problem for the entire 12 years I've been shooting bow. I've used Thunderheads, mechanicals, and more recently the NAP Crossfire's and I always ended up re adjusting my sights for the BH's and then having to change back for field points. Every season!
Not now. I screwed three Magnus 2 blades to my arrows and immediately was hitting dead on at 20 - 30 - 40 - even at 50 yards!!!!!! In fact, They were hitting so close to the field points, that I had to refletch some of them because the BH's cut the fletchings.
So stop f*#^ing around with tunings and adjustable frustrations . . . try the Magnus fix.
Also happens to have superior penetration over the three blades I'd been using. I tested it!
Now you can concentrate on form instead of function.
Good hunting
Old 07-31-2006, 08:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have to disagree... I shoot magnus and they are deadly accurate... but you shouldnt use them for a "fix". If your arrows w/ bheads are shooting high, raise your nocking point 1/8". This should help. Check out Easton's website and look at their tuning guide, it will teach you how to tune a bow.

ITs really not that difficult to tune, you just have to be willing to mess up and try things. The guys on here will help you fix anything that can go wrong. Just make small changes and get your bow well tuned.

I paper tune, bareshaft tune, then broadhead tune (which really is just shooting them, once your bareshaft tuned you shouldnt need to do much else). I can get field tips, muzzys and stingers to all group together at any range. I carry magnus in my quiver, just cause they are vicious heads.

Another reason for achieving proper tuning is that you'll be more consistent at all ranges. It will tighten your groups and you'll be more confident. Also, you'll get the most energy outta your bow. If its tuned properly you'll put all the KE possible downrange, you'd be suprised how much you can loose when your fletchings and heads are fighting each other and the bow.
Old 07-31-2006, 01:02 PM

Or you can lower your rest a little.
Old 07-31-2006, 02:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

broadheads always want to shoot about 3 inchs high how
The correct way is to tune your bow like HuntingEd said.

or you can do it the redneck way by shooting heavier broadheads.