HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - arrow tuning
Thread: arrow tuning
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2006, 08:54 AM
HuntingEd
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: arrow tuning

I have to disagree... I shoot magnus and they are deadly accurate... but you shouldnt use them for a "fix". If your arrows w/ bheads are shooting high, raise your nocking point 1/8". This should help. Check out Easton's website and look at their tuning guide, it will teach you how to tune a bow.

ITs really not that difficult to tune, you just have to be willing to mess up and try things. The guys on here will help you fix anything that can go wrong. Just make small changes and get your bow well tuned.

I paper tune, bareshaft tune, then broadhead tune (which really is just shooting them, once your bareshaft tuned you shouldnt need to do much else). I can get field tips, muzzys and stingers to all group together at any range. I carry magnus in my quiver, just cause they are vicious heads.

Another reason for achieving proper tuning is that you'll be more consistent at all ranges. It will tighten your groups and you'll be more confident. Also, you'll get the most energy outta your bow. If its tuned properly you'll put all the KE possible downrange, you'd be suprised how much you can loose when your fletchings and heads are fighting each other and the bow.