Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Bow tuned, now wont shoot for $*#% >

Bow tuned, now wont shoot for $*#%

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Bow tuned, now wont shoot for $*#%

Old 09-14-2005, 06:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Bow tuned, now wont shoot for $*#%

Bigbulls has this pretty well covered. Your old cable stretched, and your poundage decreased because your cam was under-rotated at brace. New cable has the cam over-rotated and draw wt. has increased. You are probably somewhat underspined with the 4000s now, but I doubt that is your main problem. Single cams don't need to be synched, as there is only one of them, but most (that I've had) seem to tune and shoot kinda strange when the cam is over-rotated like yours sounds like it is. If you got any kind of a quality cable, you will need a good string, ASAP. No way it would stretch enough to get things back to what you had before in the 15 days 'till your hunt. Like others mentioned, check the cam alignment holes, and take it to a good shop and pay a little to get yourself set up right.
Old 09-15-2005, 04:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Bow tuned, now wont shoot for $*#%

Had my bow retuned and centered the rest like a month ago cus it was knocked crooked from something.
That part scares me! All the cable and string stretch in the world isn't gonna "knock your rest crooked". Did you ,or someone else perhaps , drop your bow? Or anything else you can think of that may have bent the riser or knocked the rest crooked?