Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Highly tuned bow vs. highly tuned arrow >

Highly tuned bow vs. highly tuned arrow

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Highly tuned bow vs. highly tuned arrow

Old 05-04-2007, 11:35 AM

Default Highly tuned bow vs. highly tuned arrow

I am still very new to the finer points of tuning bows and tuning arrows, but was wondering if others thought one was particularly more important to overall accuracy versus the other, or both equally important?
Old 05-04-2007, 11:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Highly tuned bow vs. highly tuned arrow

without one achieving the other would be tough. tune your bow all day with fieldpoints...youll shoot good no doubt. screw broadhead on a poorly spinned arrow and have fun...youll be bangin your head against the wall...match your arrows to your head weight and bow setup and youll be good to go.

my setup this year shot GREAT with fieldpoints...i was borderline weak spine...broadheads were terrible. bad groups and way off. took 2 inches off the shafts to stiffen the spine, broadhead tuned and was bustin fieldpoint shafts with broadheads...
Old 05-04-2007, 01:33 PM

Default RE: Highly tuned bow vs. highly tuned arrow

Arrow are more important than the bow. You cannot tune the bow if you have bad arrows.

If I had to rank importance it would be the shooter first, then the arrow, then the bow. If you have bad arrows you can't tune the bow, and if you can't shoot well you can't tune the bow. However I have seen good shooters shoot amazingly well with out of tune bows and underspined arrows.

And when we are talking broad heads the arrow is even more important. I bet alot of times when people have trouble broad head tuning a bow it's either a from issue or an arrow issue, not the bow.

Paul