Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Getting My New Bow Tuned??? >

Getting My New Bow Tuned???

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Getting My New Bow Tuned???

Old 09-20-2005, 10:05 PM
Fork Horn

Default Getting My New Bow Tuned???

I took my new bow to the local archery shop today to have it tuned.This is my first bow and when I got it home I noticed one module was set at 27" draw lenght and the other at28".I shot it about a hundred times like this already and was wondering what kind of difference I can expect when this is corrected?I was told that this would cause my bow to be out of tune but they did'nt tell me what the symptoms would be.The shots i've taken with this bow are myfirst ever with a bowand I definatley need some work but I was wondering if the new tune will have a noticable affect on a amature shooter?I don't expect to be shooting dead on or anything I was just curious of the syptoms.Oh yeah the lock screw that keeps the arrow rest from rotating wa also loose and every shot I took I noticed it was tilted up.What would be the syptoms of this as well.
Sorry for such a long post,just new trying to learn as much as I can.
Thanks,
JE
Old 09-20-2005, 11:47 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Getting My New Bow Tuned???

Bamma,
Take your rig back to that shop and tell them..no..demand they straighten out there mess. The rest moving will destroy your tune by itself not to mention the draw mods. I don't know which bow you are shooting but that may be the normal way of getting half inch increments in the draw lenght.

I know shops get busy this time of year but sub-standard work will put the under fast. I would give them a second chance but get one of mymore experinced(sp)friends to look it over when you get it back if possible. Good luck.

SF

Old 09-21-2005, 12:18 AM

I would go down and demand that they fix the problems and would start looking for a newshop. Not only can things like that harm your bow they could harm you or those around you .
Old 09-21-2005, 06:14 AM
Boone & Crockett

I am left a little speechless here. A good pro shop would have never let you leave the shop with incorrect modules on your cams. I am assuming this is either a Hoyt or Reflex with the rotating modules? Or a dual cam bow?

As for the rest, your bow is definitely going to be out of tune if the rest keeps moving up and down. Nockset height is crucial for proper tuning.
Old 09-21-2005, 06:19 AM
Fork Horn

I would'nt consider the place I bought it froma pro shop (Dicks).But they had the bow cheaper than everyone else because it was on sale.The guy who set it up was supposedly a good archer but who knows.I did not take it back to them because I did not want to waste my time not knowing if it was tuned right or not.I don't trust them.I took it to another archery shop close by that is very reputable and everybody swears by them around here.I have to pay a small fee but I belive I will be more confident in it.
Thanks,
JE