Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
 Oklahoma hunters any sighns >

Oklahoma hunters any sighns

South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Oklahoma hunters any sighns

Old 10-22-2003, 07:44 PM
Fork Horn

Default Oklahoma hunters any sighns

Have you seen any activity or sighns of the seeking stage yet.Lake Texoma area not even a rub yet but front coming thru may help especially if we get some rain.What do you think>
Old 10-23-2003, 07:11 AM

Default RE: Oklahoma hunters any sighns

Bubba, we hunt in NW OK near Woodward. In the last 5 weekends we have seen loads of deer (way too many does) and have seen them in buck groups, doe groups, mixed groups...but no singles. None seem interested in anything besides the abundant wheat fields and the corn from the feeders. We haven' t seen any scrapes yet which is unusual.
The unseasonably warm weather and recent full moon may have contributed to this. Our field cams show most feeding during the night or right at day break (not enough light to make a shot).
I think the cooler rain scheduled for Saturday and first frost/light freeze hopefully on Monday will turn their heads to more important matters. Black powder opens this Saturday morning and our hopes are high.
Good luck at Texoma, Griz
Old 10-29-2003, 05:17 PM

Still lots of does mixed with bucks here. Theyve kinda changed patterns, but i think the hot weather and wind has them just sitting tight. I think the rut will be earlier than it was last year though.
Old 10-30-2003, 08:17 PM

Still not a whole lot of luck here either in Central Oklahoma west of El Reno. Passed a 120" 10 point 2 1/2 weeks ago and that is all that I have seen as far as mature bucks. Just small bucks and does. I guess we just have to be patient until we get a good cold snap to get the big boys up and moving around. The biggest deer I have heard been shot this year was from a friend of mine in Hinton. It was a wide 10 point but with little mass. It will probably push Cy Curtis, it will be close. Good luck guys.