Oklahoma Hunters >

Oklahoma Hunters

South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Oklahoma Hunters

Old 10-16-2006, 09:11 AM
Fork Horn

Default Oklahoma Hunters

Hey Guys,

I am hunting in McAlester, OK on Nov. 1-4. Can any of you give me some advice on what phase these bucks will be in at that point? Rut, pre-rut, post rut, I am not familiar with the timing out there. I am hoping that the big boys will be cruising around and I'll have a pop at one of them. I think the ranch is a 140 and up thing. Thanks for your help.

Mike
Old 10-16-2006, 01:07 PM
Spike

Default RE: Oklahoma Hunters

pre-rut usually chasing pretty good about that time. grunt and rattle and get ready. i hear there are some nice deer around mcalester. i hunt about 2 hours north of there and 3 hours south. good luck and enjoy the sooner state.
Old 10-16-2006, 01:18 PM

I was down that way a few weeks ago. East of McAlester is a town called Hartshorne. East of that is highway 1. Between Hartshorne and Highway 2, I must have seen over 150 deer next to or on the road. It was about 3am, but it was unreal. I had to drive 20 mph to avoid running them over. I've never seen anything like it. That place is crawling with deer. I saw lots of them with big antlers too. Matt
Old 10-16-2006, 01:21 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks Guys,

I sure am excited. This is the ranch the call the Ti Ranch. This is the one that the guys from Dream Season got kicked off of for shooting little bucks. I am hoping to see a 150 or better and have something for the wall. Thanks for the information, I can't wait to rattle and see some results. The ratio is so bad here in VA, rattling is a waste of time.
Old 10-23-2006, 12:09 PM

ORIGINAL: Virginia Mike

Thanks Guys,

I sure am excited. This is the ranch the call the Ti Ranch. This is the one that the guys from Dream Season got kicked off of for shooting little bucks. I am hoping to see a 150 or better and have something for the wall. Thanks for the information, I can't wait to rattle and see some results. The ratio is so bad here in VA, rattling is a waste of time.
There are a lot of deer in SE Oklahoma. It is good that you are hunting on a ranch, otherwise you would be competing against the poachers.
Old 10-24-2006, 12:36 PM

My brother-in-law owns 500 acres + in Ti Valley in the general vicinity. Its beautiful country and lots of deer.
Old 10-31-2006, 08:12 PM
Typical Buck

I saw several bucks mid day today, roaming around with their minds somewhere other than on me. The smaller ones are getting crazy down here, it will probably be a week or two before the big boys get on their feet.
Old 11-03-2006, 10:28 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: jstaylor62

There are a lot of deer in SE Oklahoma. It is good that you are hunting on a ranch, otherwise you would be competing against the poachers.
No kidding, poaching is a way of life down there. About everyone Iknow of from that area has some sort of poachin story that they've shared with me. Makes me sick. btw, I know not everyone from that region is involved in those kinds of things, but those illegal activities are out of control.
Old 11-07-2006, 11:40 AM

Well, how did you do in Oklahoma? Hopefully there is a success story to be told.
Old 11-07-2006, 01:56 PM
Fork Horn

Hey JB,

Thanks for asking and YES, I had a great trip. I was able to take a nice buck the second evening and then film my buddy taking a great 165" 15 ptr. They were chasing does pretty good, I think this week down there will be crazy. I will be back next year and hold out for a monster. This deer is in the 120-125 range. He is tall and I decided it was good to take him early on so I could film more.

Quick Reply: Oklahoma Hunters

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.