Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
 Trespassing Signs >

Trespassing Signs

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Trespassing Signs

Old 09-30-2003, 07:22 PM

Default Trespassing Signs

In need of a direction on trespassing signs. We just occupied a new lease north of Seiling. The lessees two years ago had some trouble from the next door neighbors/hunters (young guys who hunt our lease from their fence). We need a few (15 to 20) durable signs, orange with black lettering, which say " NO TRESPASSING - - HUNTING LEASED - - VIOLATORS WILL BE PROSECUTED" . 12" x12" or 12' x18" would be perferred. Does anyone know where these, or suitable substitutes, can be found. I' ve searched google and found nothing like what we need on the net for a reasonable price. Thanks for any response. griz
Old 10-01-2003, 10:49 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Trespassing Signs

Tractor Supply had what you are looking for last year. I bought a roll of a hundred. The sign is made of some type of plastic that is impossibly to tear. I put up about 50 last year and they seem to be holding up very good. Now getting people to read and understand the sign is a whole different story.
Old 10-07-2003, 07:49 PM

Bought and posted (about 100 signs) a new tract this year, purchased them from Southern States Farm Supply, here in NC
Old 10-31-2003, 08:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

I know your pain. We bought not leased, 10 acers of prime hunting land. I have seen a large 8pt on this land but it is still bow season here and he was a little far off. The next time I went to my stand I found a grunt call on the ground. I posted 25 signs that read " This land under new ownership, tresspassers shot on sight!"

Cruel I know, but I bought this land and would like to be able to hunt it.

Good luck and I hope the signs keep them out! If not my pistol surely will!!
Old 10-31-2003, 08:16 AM

go to your local wal-mart next to the mailboxes,they have several different types plastic or metal and very affordable.
Old 10-31-2003, 08:20 AM
Spike

Thanks to all for your response. I had a conversation with the leasees on the next parcel and we have (I hope) set the ground rules. We made the attached signs and posted them in all the obvious places. So far we' ve seen loads of deer, taken 3 does (this area really needs the management) and are now awaiting the 8 or better to show up. Best of luck to all, Griz