Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Use your dog for coyote bait?

Old 12-28-2005, 08:44 PM

Default RE: Use your dog for coyote bait?

browning 204 ,
Let me apologize to you. I mistook part of your fisrt post as an attemtp at humor. My reply was strickly in jest, if you read my first post you will see that I don't even hunt coyotes. I responded because I have heard of people using their dogs to distract the coyote. I don't pass judgement on anyone who is hunting in a legal manner,even when I may not agree, if it's legal in their state,so be it. And I will admit that I have missed my fair share of shots over the last 40 years. Since you find it" lazy and irresponsible" then by all means don't do it. As for my dog, I can count on one hand the # of people on this earth that I think more of than my dog!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So as you put it, DUDE I apologize if you are offended.
Old 12-28-2005, 09:38 PM

I was not trying to advocate using leashed dogs as bait. If you would read MY original reply, you would see just how the dogs are used. These are purpose bred dogs and they are trained to do a job. Just like a pointer or retriever, they have a specific job in the hunt. We still use calls and the coyote has to be within a certain range before the dog takes over. there are people on other sites that can elaborate more than i.
Old 12-28-2005, 10:39 PM
Typical Buck

I love my wife! Now call the bear to me!

I love my son! Now get that coon out of the cullvert!!

I love my dog! Now got get the yote!!!

Just one more tool to get one more kill.

What to be my friend :}
Charles Bradford

Old 12-29-2005, 06:33 AM

MAGSHOOTER: dont worry about your reply, I was not offended at all. Yes the Marshin thing was a joke, (unless you guys really did shoot down the mother ship) then thats a story for another forum!! but really thats just my opinion and I respect anyone else's opinions.

Happy hunting and have a GREAT New Year DUDES!
Old 12-29-2005, 01:18 PM

Damn, this is some funny stuff! I never thought poeple would get all bent out of shape over this post! If I had my dog leashed to the tree next to me while I called in a yote, whats the problem?? A bird dog has a hell of a more chance of getting shot than that!