Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Coyote Bait

Old 02-26-2008, 11:36 AM

Default Coyote Bait

What is good bait to use to attract coyotes with a call besides a dead animal?
Old 02-26-2008, 12:27 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Coyote Bait

I never used them but I know cabelas has those decoys

I have always used dead stuff, bestis a dead calf.
Old 02-26-2008, 12:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Do you have a puppy? Tie it up in front of you and let it yelp a bit and see what happens.
Old 02-26-2008, 01:10 PM

ORIGINAL: RugerM77.270

Do you have a puppy? Tie it up in front of you and let it yelp a bit and see what happens.

Old 02-26-2008, 02:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: LostInWoods

What is good bait to use to attract coyotes with a call besides a dead animal?
Two dead animals[8D]
Old 02-26-2008, 05:45 PM
Typical Buck

Hey, If a coyote won"t kill it to get rid of cometition, kill it to eat it, or mount it I don"t think he will be to interested in it. Matbe trapping lure, but old meat feom the frezer, or fridge. It may take a while for them to find it.
Old 02-26-2008, 07:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Im not proud to say this but, I sold a bunch of rabbits to I guy( I did not know!, couple weeks later I asked someone what he did with them,, He would tie them up on his hunting land, then drive a stake through its legs, into the ground, he hunted over a new rabbit ever night, I was very mad when I heard this, sad to say, this was effective...[:@]
Old 02-26-2008, 09:22 PM
Typical Buck

I've used several decoys,but good calling will draw them in without any thing,dont expect to call one in every time,no matter how good you are or what sounds you use,sometimes they just aint coming.I have saw several coyotes on dead farm animals and deer remains,they will hang around these areas for a while until every thing is gone including the fur and bones.They will also hunt other critters that feed on the carcasses,coons,foxes,oppossums and such and return to that area often.I've called in no more coyotes with decoys than without,they mostly distract the animal so you can move to get the shot easier,but they also require more time to setup and thus you are spreading more scent in the area that you are trying to make him come to,I like decoys in larger openings better than woods.Just start picking up road kill if you want a bait pile,theres usually alot of it and I dont think anyone will care,they may be cautious if you invite them to supper!!!
Old 02-27-2008, 04:48 PM
Fork Horn

try the mojo critter decoy. it looks awesome. check out the video at http://mojodecoys.net/MTV_critter.htm
Old 03-01-2008, 10:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nasty old canned dog food works ok, not really allowed to bait in anti-everything California.

Quick Reply: Coyote Bait

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.