Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Use your dog for coyote bait?

Old 12-28-2005, 01:13 AM

Default RE: Use your dog for coyote bait?

"Marshins" won't land here anymore. Since we shot down the mother-ship, they just do fly-by's. "Dog gets loose" find a Boyscout to teach you how to tie knots! "Gets lost" hunting dogs don't get lost! "Hit by a car" we usually hunt a little farther from the road than that! Possums and armidillos are the only animals that stay that close to the road! "Miss a shot" now I know you are joking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-28-2005, 07:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

it works, but a house cat in a box works better!

not joking
Old 12-28-2005, 07:18 AM

lol i bet that would work, but its not legal to use live decoys here. thats why you use a hunting dog that likes to get in on the action.
Old 12-28-2005, 11:09 AM
Fork Horn

If you guys think it is such a ridiculous idea, go over to the Predator Masters forums and look for posts by Mike Granger about his cur Bubba. Bubba LOVES coyotes. When they come into view, he goes after them, once he gets to them, he turns tail and they chase him right back to Mike. Bang. Bubba LOVES his job.
Old 12-28-2005, 11:27 AM

I told you.
Old 12-28-2005, 11:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't like the idea... Sounds bad for the dogs...
Old 12-28-2005, 11:31 AM

ORIGINAL: Freedom0115

If you guys think it is such a ridiculous idea, go over to the Predator Masters forums and look for posts by Mike Granger about his cur Bubba. Bubba LOVES coyotes. When they come into view, he goes after them, once he gets to them, he turns tail and they chase him right back to Mike. Bang. Bubba LOVES his job.
I still think its ridiculous. I am not going to use my dog as a "scent magnet" to attract or decoy in coyote, as "ORIGINALLY SAID" on the "ORGINAL POST". That to me is like tying up your newborn to a tree to attract a cougar or worse. Some people that are for this think that there dog, a personal companion, to be expendable. Not me, not ever. I have plenty of kills to my name of coyotes and the like to which not once, not ever was my dogs were used as a decoy, bait, or a tool to draw coyotes down to me. I use distress calls, howlers, and animal calls to draw in the yote, and I hope people do the same. If they don't, using a dog to draw in yotes is just plain lazy and irresponsible.
Old 12-28-2005, 12:18 PM
Fork Horn

just cut some hair of the dog ad put it in a tree
Old 12-28-2005, 12:42 PM

ORIGINAL: monkeyman2269

just cut some hair of the dog ad put it in a tree
exactly my point
Old 12-28-2005, 01:35 PM

using a dog to draw in yotes is just plain lazy and irresponsible.
everyone has their own opinion, but Mike kills more coyote in a year then you've ever seen... Bubba loves his job and does it well... how is that lazy or irresponsible?...

Quick Reply: Use your dog for coyote bait?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.