Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Coyote Bait

Old 07-25-2004, 07:30 PM

Default Coyote Bait

Anyone bait coyotes and what do you use for bait? Is there a certain bait that coyotes will come to but may not interest coons? How much bait do you need to attract a pack? Do you out bait sites in the bush or in fields? What time of day do you watch bait sites? Thanks, Spence.
Old 07-25-2004, 08:39 PM

Default RE: Coyote Bait

If legal use a road kill deer. Drag it off onto the woods, and open up the guts. The yotes will find it in a day or two. As for the time to check. Well I've had yotes come into my gut piles all different time of the day and night. Mostly night is when they hit it though.
Old 07-26-2004, 05:24 AM
Fork Horn

I have called in coyotes and skinned them and came back the next morning to find other coyotes eating their carcass.
Elkshed
Old 07-31-2004, 08:12 PM

i like to build a small chicken coop. it seems to work best early mornings or just before dark
Old 08-01-2004, 01:10 PM

Fill a Mason jar with chicken guts. Then set the jar out in the sun for a few weeks. Then just remove lid when hunting. Be sure to set upwind of the bait!
I don't know how well it would work this time of year, but in northern Michigan during January and February it brings them in.
Old 08-01-2004, 01:50 PM

Stake a roadkilled house cat down then set traps at scent post sets 40 to 50 feet away from the cat.
Old 08-10-2004, 04:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

cat food or rabbit guts or better yet a live rabbit staked to the ground
Old 09-06-2004, 11:21 PM

i don't know about watching the bait, but i use bever carcasses. i trap with them, and it works fairly well. might as well use the whole beaver, not just the pelt. but usually night works for coyotes, but you can also catch them in the morning, and evening. i've also seen coyotes walking around in the middle of the day.
Old 09-07-2004, 09:06 AM
Dominant Buck

I've heard that small children make good bait ,
but it probably isn't legal . Nevermind ... [:-]
Old 09-07-2004, 04:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

Shoot a couple of rabbits, tie them behind a truck or 4-wheeler, and drag'em up and down the road that morning. Come back and call coyotes that evening. They are more likely to buy the wounded rabbit gig if they see and smell rabbit.

Quick Reply: Coyote Bait

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.