registered yet ??? >

registered yet ???

Community
Other Areas Canada, Africa, etc.

registered yet ???

Old 03-30-2002, 08:51 AM
Spike

Default RE: registered yet ???

I have not registered yet but I will at the end of the year, because.
When gun are outlawed there will be no more murders. I refer to the Guns & Ammo March 2002 article by Bart Skelton. In his article he refers to Mexico, which it is illegal to own guns, we all know that there are no murders in Mexico. But I’m glad I do not live in that unsafe Switzerland, were almost every house with an adult male has by law an automatic rifle in it. We can clearly see that it is much safer in Mexico than in Switzerland.
In the area that I live, in the last six months we had three murders; one was purposely mowed down by a car, the second was beaten up and the third was beaten up, had gas put on him and set on fire. We can all see that if guns were outlawed this would not happen.
Old 03-31-2002, 06:58 PM

In so called relatively civilized countries, this is what I have noted. If they have low crime, high social cohesion etc... Nobody minds if you own a gun. This was canada back 25 years. Any 16 year old could buy a gun in a hardware store. Go back further my boss remembers carrying guns in the cabin of airliners, so they wouldn't get damaged in the hold.

The next stage is Canada now. Very safe, but stressed a little. Too much watching US news, less social cohesion, a lot of coverage of crime as though the rates were rising. People aren't really thretened by violence, but they are worried, so they attack gun.

A further situation is a truly violent and dangerous society. Northern Ireland, parts of US, or SA. Widespread firearm ownership. NI had much more restrictive gun laws than England, until they were recently tightened in eng. Had many hundreds of concealled carry permits for civillians, because folks would just up and shoot you, what are you supposed to do?

So in sumary, the way you can tell if your contry is actually violent enough to restrict FAs is if you can't afford to do it. Of course the current situation represents the popular will.
Old 03-31-2002, 07:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Unfortunately it's the will of people who live in urban areas. If it was up to the will of rural residents this law would not be in effect.

Dan O.
Old 04-01-2002, 07:54 PM

Dan o.

Most people in Alberta are not worried about guns or random acts of violence least wise not in the country or smaller cities. I can not comment on what they or like in Calgary except that the editorial's in most major newspaper's are against gun registration as. They refer to it as a waste of tax dollars that would be better spent hiring more police officers so that they could really fight crime. Vancouver is more in tune with Toronto which is no surprise because firearm crimes are a big city problem. Registration will not change this. The gangs do not buy their guns in sporting good stores.

Old 04-21-2002, 05:32 PM

On deadline day send 20 envelopes with their address on it. Just don't write your return address on it. Screw up the system maybe with a letter of protest?
Old 04-21-2002, 07:31 PM
Typical Buck

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote<font size=1 face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

They refer to it as a waste of tax dollars that would be better spent hiring more police officers so that they could really fight crime. Vancouver is more in tune with Toronto which is no surprise because firearm crimes are a big city problem. Registration will not change this. The gangs do not buy their guns in sporting good stores.

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' size=2 id=quote>

I think your mistaken here about Toronto and Ontario. The Police Chiefs of Ontario have changed tune and withdrew their backing of the gun registering. They finally realized that the money could be used better by applying it to policing and that the gun registery would not affect the criminal elliment. I also think that this law is here to stay, but if we complain long enough and loud enough, they might just think twice before they take the next step, confascation. City folk (which I am one) needs to be educated between the criminal elliment and sportsman (non criminal), and that no matter what laws are passed or enforced, the criminals will not adhere to them.

Therefore the only thing to do is to go after the criminals, not law abiding Canadians with usless laws.

Educate .... educate .... educate .... then vote the way you want.
Tom