Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Sporting Dogs
Can I get my dog registered? >

Can I get my dog registered?

Community
Sporting Dogs What's the best dog for what type of game? Find out what other hunters think.

Can I get my dog registered?

Old 12-19-2002, 05:06 AM

Default Can I get my dog registered?

I have a purebred beagle that does not have papers. She is turning out to be an exceptional rabbit dog and I was wondering if I can get her registered so I can run her in trials. My wife insisted that I get her neutered so I'm not sure if I even can but am casting out some inquiries on here and some other sites to see what my options are if I even have any. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Aaron.
Old 12-20-2002, 07:07 PM

Default RE: Can I get my dog registered?

Was the sire and dam of your dog registered with any organization (AKC, etc.)? If not, you will not be able to register the dog.
Old 12-21-2002, 10:07 AM
Fork Horn

duck hunter is correct on the papers thing.My question is,if the dog turns out to become the best thing that happened to rabbit hunting how would you breed her if she is spayed (assuming that some time in the future you may be looking for a young prospect).Yes an intact female can be a pain in the a$$ when they are in heat but in my opinion a small price to pay to have the gene pool in your kennel.
Old 12-23-2002, 12:07 PM

Jolly Rogers,
Unfortunately, it's too late to register for the AKC. But there is good news, you can register your dog at the CKC (Canadian Kennel Club). I believe (at least it used to be) all you have to have is two signatures (one professional) stating that the dog is purebreed, then you are set. You can check out their website at:
http://www.ckc.ca/default-refresh.asp