registered yet ??? >

registered yet ???

Community
Other Areas Canada, Africa, etc.

registered yet ???

Old 02-06-2002, 03:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default registered yet ???

I'm not the criminal type so I do plan on registering my guns before the deadline.
But out of protest to this ridiculous political manouvre/make work project I passed on the free registration and will pay to do it sometime in December.

How about the rest of you Canadians???

(Also, I hope everyone has signed the petition calling for a review of the costs of the registration, http://www.petitiononline.com/215642/petition.html )

Edited by - tschaef on 02/06/2002 16:34:41
Old 02-06-2002, 03:41 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: registered yet ???

I have the same plan as you. Next december, I'll reluctantly send in the required forms.
Old 02-06-2002, 04:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

tschaef; as stupid as it sounds you can still get your guns registered for free. Anyone who is buying a gun has the $25 per gun fee waved. Just tell Miramachi that you're buying from a friend. The friend didn't have to have them registered to sell them to you.

On the other hand if you're honest and tell them that their your guns, I think the fee is $18 for the lot.

Dan O.
Old 02-06-2002, 06:57 PM
Fork Horn

last time I checked you could still register over the internet for free. I'll get around to it someday... In the meantime there are lots of good deals on used guns around here as everyone tries to get rid of them!
Old 02-06-2002, 07:29 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-06-2002, 07:31 PM
Fork Horn

I'll be doing the same thing as tschaef and RT. Wait till the last minute and then send it in. Hopefully bog down the system. My dad took the bait and registered his guns the other day. All to save a lousy $18.
They still owe me my $25 back. I bought a rifle a couple years ago I and had to pay. Now that there is no charge when buying guns they said they would give it back. I'm sure it will take years.
I heard that the total cost is almost $700 million now. What a waste of money.
Old 02-06-2002, 09:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

700 million has been passed and the new total is not far off a billion.I will register some time in december.For $18 they can wait.Apparently the government is getting concerned that people aren't buying their B.S. the result being this free registration gimmic.
Old 02-07-2002, 04:56 AM

I sent in the forms two summers ago (don't ask my why), it took them over a year to process the form, in the meanwhile I purchased other firearms (paid the $25 for one and still waiting for the refund?). I received the nice plastic cards for the guns I purchased almost right away. Then when they processed the forms finally, I received paper that you have to cut out into cards and laminate. I phoned the CFC to find out if the cards were on there way or if I could pay to receive the cards in plastic, their reply is that they are being done in paper to reduce costs and time for processing.

What a heap of crap! This is a true waste of money and now their thinking of privatizing it. I believe it was Allan Rock who started this mess and he's still in government????
Old 02-07-2002, 02:49 PM

The ones I've purchased for my use and my kids' who are too young to reg in their names have been registered in the past 2 yrs. The rest will wait till the last minute.
Old 02-07-2002, 05:48 PM
Typical Buck

Yes "340 WBYMAG" it was allan rock who started this. NEVER FORGET that it was Allan Rock who started this. Like so many polatitions he has moved on to other cabinet positions and maybe hopes the public will forget his screw-ups of the past. BUT WE WILL NEVER FORGET allan rock.

As a matter of fact maybe we should coin a new phrase. When someone screws-up big time we should say " he really allan rocked that" When someone falls face first in a pile of cow crap we should say "Wow, he did an allan rock"

And remember if they come to take away your guns, be sure to give them your bullets first.

Quick Reply: registered yet ???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.