Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Dr. Alt has new objective >

Dr. Alt has new objective

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Dr. Alt has new objective

Old 12-08-2004, 05:52 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Dr. Alt has new objective

funny but your not trolling are you.......................bob
Old 12-09-2004, 07:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

FYI on Insurance Hoop-Luh,

I was a field claims adjuster(road warrior)for 22 years with 3 major insurance carriers. I was everbodys friend unless you tryed to Cheat,or Stole from the honest insureds who paid premiums. There were many insurance cheats and thieves out there in various forms. In that case I was your worst friggin nightmare! Its all about loss control,competitive rates and yes - profit.

Having said that - Insurance companies have very little if anything to do with ALT plan or the perceived demise of the PA Deer herd. That's a fact! Insurance companies have lobbiests. You can be assured the issues with PA Deer is on the bottom of the list!

There ar many factors affecting rates but simply stated - every insured pays a rate(s) based on "risk factors" "claims paid" "amout paid" based on his/her claims history and claims history of a particular state or local in some cases.
Old 12-09-2004, 08:52 AM

We have had pretty liberal doe harvests here in New york for quite a few years now. Deer numbers peak and valley even with this pressure. This year and last year were slow years. Probably because of the lack of mast crops and harsh winters. Coyotes may also play a role. I think the game commissions are almost always slow to react. This year has been the worst so far. Most hunting trips have resulted in no sightings.
Old 12-09-2004, 03:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

contractor,I own my own insurance industry and I can guanantee you two things.First,I've never lied,cheated or stolen anything from anybody.I've also never seen a person cheated out of a legitimate claim.I've seen them not handled properly once in a great while but that's just the human factor.

Second,deer claims are one of the smallest concerns insurance companies have.They have nothing to do with game managemet.If you want a full explanation,I'll give you one.However,my income is tied directly to my loss ratio and deer claims aren't even on my mind.

Yep,rates do keep going up.So does everything else.
Old 12-09-2004, 04:22 PM

he was just rolling ayways Doug, or extremely ignorant.

I mean Dr. Alt stood at the Audubon Conference on deer overabundance and made it perfectly clear that insurance companies never have asked the PGC for anything. Have never testified, never asked, for anything in deer management in pa. Now if he won't believe Dr. Alt, he won't believe those who work in the industry, and he won't believe those who have posted the business's that HAVE ASKED the PGC for, and testifies at the meetings for herd reductions like the Pa Farm Bureau, conservationsists like Western Conservancy, Audubon, Sierra Club, sportsmans groups like the Panwtf, PFSC, and PTA, big timber companies like Kane timber/collins pine, DCNR, Peter Pinchot....etc....etc.... then this guy is not going to believe anything.

A troll, or obtuse beyone measure.