Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Dr. Alt has new objective >

Dr. Alt has new objective

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Dr. Alt has new objective

Old 12-07-2004, 01:07 PM

Default Dr. Alt has new objective

President Bush has called on our beloved hero and friend of the "common" man, Dr. Alt ,to help track down and "dispose" of al quaida members including osama bin laden himself. When President Bush was asked how he has come to the conclusion that Dr. Alt is the answer to all of our prayers, the President said " kindly and unselfishly, Dr. Alt helped not only our friends the insurance companies, but also the ever so important forestry business, thrive and prosper while exterminating the nuisence whitetail deer herd of every foot, acre and square mile of the great state of Pennsylvania."
Old 12-07-2004, 01:08 PM

Default RE: Dr. Alt has new objective

I wish someone would show some hard evidence where insurance companies are playing a role in this.[:@]

Probably easier to prove the cougars are in PA.
Old 12-07-2004, 01:33 PM
Fork Horn

I wish all the blinder wearing Alt fanatics whom are narrow minded enough to only give a hoot about their wish for big bucks in their WMU would open their eyes to the rest of the WMU users
Old 12-07-2004, 05:53 PM

I wish all the blinder wearing Alt fanatics whom are narrow minded enough to only give a hoot about their wish for big bucks in their WMU would open their eyes to the rest of the WMU users
Same can be said about the guys who are complaining about not seeing 100 deer a day and trying to remove a solid management plan that is working in other WMU's!
Old 12-07-2004, 06:07 PM

The only area where Alt's plan is working are those WMU's where the herd has been reduced significantly. WMU 2 G is the poster boy for Alt's plan and it has the lowest harvest rates for any WMU in the state. When the herd in WMU 2D is reduced from 29 DPSM to the gaol of 14 DPSM, I guarantee you that you won't be saying Alt's plan is working.
Old 12-07-2004, 06:16 PM
Fork Horn

BM haven't you noticed alot of guys don't have any respect for ANY of Alt's programs an the number grows each year, cripes it grows each day!
you posted all those pictures of mediocore bucks , wow! that really impressed me...not! sure there were some nice bucks there but surely no more than or nicer than we had before all this wack 'um 'n stack 'um doe harvests of Alt's.
alt has done more than anyone to excell the rate of posted land around 3A. he lost over 600 acres of mine and over 1500 of the next neighbors to posted signs. I've never posted in 60+ yrs of hunting an owning this farm nor have my neighbors but we did this year. Why cause I spend my days either in my fields or in my timberlands and I know the herd in my area just as well as my neighbors do on theirs. surely better than Alt or his group of interns. and he issued WAY to many anterless tags for too many years in a row up here in this WMU without ever setting foot in it. The numbers are down and drastically too. so we are protecting what is left for our families. and if we're doing it you can bet others in other WMUs are too.
Old 12-07-2004, 08:16 PM

T in PA, there is a guy on the board who works in the insurance industry. He said the insurance company has nothing to do with the idea of herd reduction in PA. If the problem gets too bad then they raise our insurance rates. Their not losing any money on this.
Old 12-07-2004, 08:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

The insurance company statement is ridiculous. Sure the doe herd needed to be reduced more so than in years prior to Alt coming to town, but I think things are getting out of hand with the "buy a hunting license and recieve a dozen doe tags" way of thinking. I have never applied for two doe license's in my life till this year. I see no need to fill both of them either. Yes, I'm in a different situation as I'm on a lot of private ground and surounded by state correction ground where hunting is prohibited except one day a year for doe's. However, I am really feeling for the guys on state "gameless" lands. No, I don't think there shoudl be a deer around every tree and am concerned about the health of the herd.

If you've ever hunting the big woods of Canada, you'll know what I mean. Seeing two or three deer a day in those areas is considered a decent day afield. Is everyone else willing to assume this is normal here as well?
Old 12-08-2004, 04:30 AM

oh so what you're saying is that the insurance companies have nothing to do with the situation??? lol, and you're going to believe an insurance agent. I have two uncles who are insurance guys and let me tell you what, I love them to death but when it comes to business, they are shysters!!! you must not know anything about insurance companies. They don't lose any money on auto accidents huh?? BTW, our rates have been going up for quite some time now. As a contractor, I work very close with insurance companies on structural claims and have a few friends who are insurance adjusters.............Let me put it this way, they are not you're friend
Old 12-08-2004, 06:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Contractor, so what you're saying is that next year when my insurance is due, I can say I shot three deer and deserve a discount? My personal opinion is that if anyone has any influence on this, its the forestry industry. There are numerous areas around where I live that have been logged. Not clear cut, just select cut to take the mature trees. Now, they are fenced in to keep the deer out as part of a deer study program Alt and his chronies are doing.

No, I don't know any insurance agents other than the one I deal with, but I am struggling to believe that insurance companies, that the Game Commission doesn't get a nickle from, influences what are management program is supposed to do.

Quick Reply: Dr. Alt has new objective

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.