Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 DE LATE season ARCHERY:) >

DE LATE season ARCHERY:)

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

DE LATE season ARCHERY:)

Old 12-13-2003, 04:53 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: DE LATE season ARCHERY:)

Hey duckmastor you posted 618 am, did you not go hunting this morning? I guess you missed the lottery, huh? I went out behind my house tonight..saw a red fox must have gone 50lbs!!!!!!!! I never seen a fox that big before...almost thought it was a coy dog! Anyway. I'm following duckmastor's journy to getting a deer...maybe we should start a fan club or support group..what do you think??
HE HE HE!
DJ
Old 12-13-2003, 07:39 PM

DJ,

Hunted the afternoon at Woodland. Check my next post. Put the old man in the hot stand and we put meat in the fridge! Its about F'ing time!

Scott
Old 12-14-2003, 01:47 PM

Congrats again Duckmastor...you have truly earned that one!!!

I went last night and was immediatly struck by reality...saw zero! Did hear one in the water behind me but is was so late, I couldn't see anything but shifting shadows[:'(]
Old 12-15-2003, 04:44 PM

can we hunt on xmas??? i think 'yes'

i will not get out again until xmas if i can...my schedule is nuts, but i will hutn alot in Jan if i can. time is coming down again and i would hate to go 2yrs without drawing blood. i had fun this season though. talking to everyone here is always fun. being in the woods is a blast. the deer should be feeding well right now and hunting the sources should bring us something. get ready for a great 4 wks if the weather continues like this
Old 12-16-2003, 04:36 PM

I only have a couple hours this weekend in the AM so I'll bring the gun. Dont have alot of time to track if the hit wasnt quite perfect. Then Im going out of town for XMas. Im off work though from 12/25 - 1/4! So I think they'll be plenty of bow hunting done wrapped around the new year.

This is just my opinion, but if a hunter can bag a deer in late Dec through the end of the season, thats a damn impressive accomplishment. Esp on Public land. Hell, they've been pressured by Archers since 9/1, shot at through 2 Shotgun Seasons and 1 Muzzleloader season and the last 2 weeks in DE are gun seasons. Im not sayin you are better off stayin home, but unless you have a private honey hole like DEBob (just kidding ) its tough from here on out.

I'll be out trying though!
Old 12-16-2003, 04:54 PM

Scott, I agree whole heartedly with your statement...but I would add that taking a deer on the northern tracts of public land ANYTIME is quite a feat!!![8D] Since you are off, it may be a good time of year to check out some of that southern public land....some of my best honey holes are immediately adjacent to some of these properties!! Get a little snow on the ground, and it could be quite revealing!!! Good luck!
Old 12-17-2003, 03:05 PM

guysssss......where is the best place to hunt turkeys in DE??? southern DE if u have a lead???

thanks
Old 12-17-2003, 05:26 PM

lemond, I do 99% of my turkey hunting in Pennsylvania and Maryland...we have some birds down this way, in fact we have alot on one of my properties, but the hunters here all hunt them like they are deer...they set up semi-permenant blinds and wait 'til one ventures by[:@]! That ain't turkey hunting!!!I'm a run and gun turkey hunter...put 'em to roost, set up in the am and call them in! If no-one shows, I burn up some shoe leather! Perfect style for moutainous terrain...not the flat land swamps of Delaware!

As for leads, in the absence of private land, put in for Nanticoke or Old Furnace WMA. Remember, you have to take a mandatory turkey hunter safety course. They start in a few weeks. Actually, check the guide book...the drawing may be over!!!
Old 12-18-2003, 05:56 PM

uggggg..thanks for the input. i may skip it this coming season. i am like u. i run and gun...same when bass fishing. always on the go. heck, i havent even shot a deer yet
Old 12-20-2003, 05:05 PM

I wasnt feeling well this morning so I bailed on the deer hunt. Went goose hunting instead (took less effort). Shot 1 Canada goose and went home. Stayed in bed the rest of the day.

No hunting for me now until right around the new year. Keep on them.