Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 DE LATE season ARCHERY:) >

DE LATE season ARCHERY:)

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

DE LATE season ARCHERY:)

Old 12-07-2003, 10:33 AM

Default RE: DE LATE season ARCHERY:)

DJ, Im not familiar with the "Gray Farm" Where abouts on Rt 9 is that?

Dumped some corn this morning at the leased place. Saw very little sign in the snow. I did see some though which is better that the '0' sign I've usually seen in years past. Maybe their is hope.

Went back to the public ground and poked around. Man there was alot deer movement in there last night and I've found that next time I go out, I need to move. The Deer are nocturnal though. If this cold weather would hold, I think they'd move a little earlier in the evening. Lets hope.

I had to chuckle though, I walked by the tree I sat next too last night. There was a set of tracks that came about 10 inches from where my stool was. There was also another set of tracks that came 5 yards from the tree. I guess it was an OK spot,,, if you could hunt deer at midnight...
Old 12-07-2003, 06:25 PM

early morning...last week i was setup by 530am. i am trying to cut the deer off as they return from an evening feed. it didnt work last week, but i know why. i was not all the way back on the tract that i was hunting. i know what the deer are doing now. they are not laying in the corn because of the small gamers....they are taking the long trek back to the edge of the river and bedding in the tall grass(7ft). the trails are hot and the dropping are yellow witht the corn. it is pretty remote and the underbrush is all green through the woods. the trails there are hot too. sooooo, this wed i will take the 15 min walk and see what it brings...hey, it can only get better.

time for the muzzy to eat
Old 12-08-2003, 08:55 AM

Went this past Saturday in the afternoon. Hunted on the ground in a pair of secluded honey suckle patches. Deer sightings bordered on undelievable []...saw about 40 deer total. Six were bucks the biggest being a clean 10 point in the 160's. Highlight of the evening had the biggest two feed in front of me about 20 yards for half an hour. Three little bucks chased a doe all around me...the big guy and his buddy (a monster 6 point) barely budged! It was an incredable night!!! If the weather stays consistent COLD!!!!), hope to get in there Friday and get a crack at the big buck!! Here's hoping!

Good luck all you die hards!
Old 12-08-2003, 05:01 PM

what were the deer doing n your area?? feeding?? were they out b4 dark??
Old 12-08-2003, 05:20 PM

DeBob,

Do the deer in your area get any pressure at all?? Sounds like a GDamn petting zoo!

Im just kidding of course. All power to you and good luck getting the Big Boy!
Old 12-08-2003, 05:59 PM

debob yea where is this magical zoo at
Old 12-09-2003, 06:16 PM
Fork Horn

Duckmastor, the Gray Farm is between Woodland beach and Cedar Swamp. More closer to Woodland than Cedar...Very big area it is on both sides of road. I'm telling you dude you have to look into this place.

DJ
Old 12-09-2003, 06:38 PM

DJ,

Are you talking about the land down lighthouse road? The public land with stands that never requires sitting for a lottery?

Or maybe the piece of property a little North of the McKay farm?

Both areas look promising, but I've never put the scouting time in. I see alot of 'hikes' in my future come Feb and March!
Old 12-10-2003, 10:43 AM

i am heading out...i do not know what to expect. i havent made up my mind where i am going to either...jesus
Old 12-10-2003, 04:53 PM
Fork Horn

Duckmastor2, yeah man The Mckay farm..some how I got confused! Thats the spot! I also hunt on lighthouse road...that is a LOOOOOOOOOONNNNGG road! Anyway, the maps are on the DNRC web site.

DJ

Quick Reply: DE LATE season ARCHERY:)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.