Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 DE LATE season ARCHERY:) >

DE LATE season ARCHERY:)

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

DE LATE season ARCHERY:)

Old 12-10-2003, 07:14 PM

Default RE: DE LATE season ARCHERY:)

Yeah DJ. I've got all the Maps. Was thinking about checking out the Lighthouse Rd land but just havent had the time. Maybe when the seasons over. Thanks!
Old 12-11-2003, 04:18 PM

Sorry guys for the late response...been out of town for the past few days[:@]!!! The Magical Farm is in Delaware...Kent County. Minimal pressure. The few of us that hunt it agreed to bow only and we shoot only "Good" bucks. I shot the velvet buck I got in Sept on the same property! Between Sept and now, deer were noticably absent on this property...cold weather, heavy pressure nearby, and depleated food sources elsewhere seem to push them onto our property every year! Same scenario last year.

lemond, same deal as always...just hunting the food sources. In this case, it's a very (VERY!!!) isolated patch of honeysuckel. The were moving way before dark...they were there when I got there at 1:30pm!!

Heading out tomorrow for a last crack before the doe season opens Saturday! Good luck every one!
Old 12-11-2003, 04:35 PM

THANKS for the reply debob. i wil hunt next week. i have 2 doe tags that i need to fill...big time. i am in a serious drought and i am beginning to question myself. the food is becoming premium and i am hoping that this forces the deer to move earlier to get first GRUB. i remember seeing the largest deer that i have seen in 3 yrs about this time....he was after the bushes that have the red berrieson it.....

Hey, can u walk through the tall grass that these deer are hiding in???? it looking intimidating
Old 12-11-2003, 08:11 PM

Lemond, I hear you when you talk about droughts. I'm feeling sick tomorrow so I think I need some fresh air out in the deer stand. I'll hunt the leased place to see what I can see, and maybe even shoot. If nothings hit the bait piles and I see zip, maybe I'll stand in line for a public stand for shotgun doe. I cant believe I have to stoop to shotgun anterless to try and fill the freezer but you gotta do what you gotta do,,,,,
Old 12-12-2003, 06:15 AM
Fork Horn

Duckmastor, are you going to go to woodland for lottery? Perfect time to try and get the stand back behind the house on the Mckay farm...clover field right in front of stand marh behind you and small pond and high grass to left. Perfect spot!!!

DJ
Old 12-12-2003, 05:22 PM

Well tonights hunt was a bust. Saw no deer. Only 1 set of tracks. Had my 15 yd pin on a fat assed raccoon that came by to chomp on my corn but I chose not to take my frustration on him.

The winds good for the public land tomorrow so I'll try to get a stand. Time to dust off the 12 guage.

DJ, it'll be Woodland alright. But, i spent last sunday roaming around after the snow and I know the stands to be in . It all depends whether I get the draw and if the deer decide to move before 0 dark 30. I'll let you all know how it goes.
Old 12-12-2003, 05:41 PM

is it shotgun next week///????
Old 12-12-2003, 08:18 PM

Shotgun Antlerless starts tomorrow (Dec 13th)
Old 12-13-2003, 05:01 AM

[:@] RRRRRrrrrggghhhh! Never dawned on me the bucks I saw last week were bedding right in the honeysuckle patch! Spooked them out when I got there yesterday afternoon. They took off across our clearcut and went into the neighbors woodlot...here's hoping the hunters in there have some ethics!!! Stayed anyway to see what would happen. Had a big goup of does come in at 4pm...shot one of the bigger ones. Perfect shot...she went about 30 yards! Long drag (about a mile)...most of it through knee high water[8D]. Fun, fun, fun!!!! Decided to sleep in this morning!

Good luck this week everyone!
Old 12-13-2003, 05:18 AM

Congrats DeBob on another successful hunt!

I hear you about that drag. Thats what I would be looking at if I'd be lucky enough to get one where I've been hunting. Thats why I bring the old wheelbarrow. Its a pain in the ass having to make a couple trips back and forth to get it, but i'd rather push then pull one across the ground any day.

Quick Reply: DE LATE season ARCHERY:)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.