Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Greed wins in PA >

Greed wins in PA

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Greed wins in PA

Old 07-20-2009, 07:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have hunted with a compound since i was 12 yrs old and have been shooting one since i got my "toy" bow when i was a toddler. I also have purchased a ten point crossbow 2 yrs ago. What i have found is agreeable with both sides of the issue. YES the xbow is an effective weapon out to 40 yds, however it IS loud and deer DO drop at the sound when the trigger is pulled and i WOULD NOT recommend shooting any farther than 40 yards only after much practice has been done. However the compound is just as leathal at that range and both have their negatives in the stand. Xbows are bulky and can be very hard to maneuver in the tree thus not allowing shots at all angles that i could get my compound to the get an arrow through so it is not always easy....For those that think using a crossbow is an unfair advantage you can think that but until you actually buy one and try to hunt with it i dont think you should say so. I have used one and still do in early and late season and there ARE downsides to it, it is not the cake walk most thing, the worst part about it is getting it in position of shooting lanes and finding clearance points to actually get a shot through in a stand. I however do enjoy my compound and i use that from the pre-rut on.

I do however think the biggest issue face is that like some have mentioned xbows will bring alot of idiots out of the wood work that think they are now archers. They WILL take unethical shots and WILL wound alot of deer. Also the added pressure to the woods will effect the deer activity especially in urban areas where people can go 30 yds behind their house and use an xbow to chase that big buck that comes to eat off their bushes.

I am nnot against the legalization of crossbows at all, im against the legalization of allowing idiots to go into the archery woods, but then again the same idiots are allowed out in late november with a high powered rifle.
Old 07-20-2009, 08:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

[QUOTE][I am nnot against the legalization of crossbows at all, im against the legalization of allowing idiots to go into the archery woods, but then again the same idiots are allowed out in late november with a high powered rifle.
__________________/QUOTE] Stupid is as stupid does! Xbow full inclusion is not a dead issue, just haven't found what the right grease is for the new guys
Old 07-29-2009, 05:38 AM
Spike

Get all of your fact straight and your favorite conservation organaztion behind you like Delaney did.

The pheasant stocking wont double.It will 'Go back' to what it was.But I know alot of you guys that have it in for Jay will never agree or understand that,Just slam away.

Any of you grouse wood**** guys add in your comments,good or bad on the Grouse/Wood**** Management plan? Because over 900 people relied to the Pheasant Management Plan.

When the Pgc doesnt give us what we want its easy to blame and slam cause we pay for a license.Dont we also pay dues to our conservation organazations,they can help too and if some left more dollars in the local chapters.I wont name names,but more work could be done for the species that are 'crying' out they are being left behind.Make any sense?.Sure does to me.Take care,Paul...
Old 07-29-2009, 07:41 AM
Spike

This is a new generation boys. Faster bows better sites 50+ yrds shots are increasing.
You old farts need to keep up with the times. It was like people saying to never take a shot at a deer over 100yrds with a 30-30. People are dropping deer over 150yrds with a 30-30 quite easy for that matter. Faster arrow speeds,quieter bows 50 yrd shots are comming. Bet they all said nothing over 30 yrds with a recurve to untill the compound came out. I feel very comfortable with taking a 50 yrd shot. I seen Nugent take a 80 yrd shot on a running animal and nailed it. It's a new generation of hunters and equipment.
Old 07-29-2009, 08:27 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by DoubleLung55
I do however think the biggest issue face is that like some have mentioned xbows will bring alot of idiots out of the wood work that think they are now archers.
Originally Posted by DoubleLung55
I am nnot against the legalization of crossbows at all, im against the legalization of allowing idiots to go into the archery woods, but then again the same idiots are allowed out in late november with a high powered rifle.
Nice...... Glad you shared that with us.
Old 07-29-2009, 02:34 PM
Typical Buck

Get all of your facts straight and your favorite conservation organization behind you like Delaney did.

Delaney is a big oaf, but I like the kid anyway.

He's the first true grassroots commissioner we've had in some time.
Old 07-29-2009, 04:09 PM
Spike

Denny you've met Jay so I respect your opinions,good or bad.

Pa Gobbler has not to my knowledge and neither has some of the close people he gets his information from.

I also found it somewhat interesting and distasteful that the topic was about crossbows but somehow Jay got dragged into this and Gobbler had the nerve to talk about 'someone elses' agenda.

Kinda had to get off his orginal topic to directly take a shot at someone to my knowledge hes never met but would sit down with him and talk issues anytime,anyplace,but its easier to do things this way.

I'm sorry too for getting off topic but I'm sick of seeing the crybabies whine over something they have the power to improve if they just used some different tactics other then personal attacks and character assination when the person they are attacking is very approachable and willing to work with anyone.

That doesnt mean he has all the answers but it also doent mean he deserves to be drug threw and slung mud all over either.Take care,Paul..
Old 07-30-2009, 11:05 AM
Typical Buck

Sounds like Jay doesn’t like his name out in a bad light, not a great quality for being on the BOC. Please note I didn’t change the topic and this is about x-bows and Jay along with the others look like fools for what they did. It was bad all around no matter how you look at it.
Old 07-30-2009, 03:36 PM
Spike

Please note you did change the topic! You went from crossbows to pheasants.So what agenda do you want to discuss? Do you want your name drug threw every negative discussion out there?

Wouldnt you like to see some positives?Politics is politics.Now are you trying to say the BOC has control over legislation too?

Pick your battle and we'll discuss it.You know my stance on pheasants.Its the same as the other 90 thousand hunters who want it .As far as crossbows.I'm sorry I dont have a opinion on that.

Maybe you and your flunkies can get the nerve to talk issues face to face with him some day or take a day off and attend a meeting but I forgot those days are to precious to give up cause a grouse may flush someplace and you guys may not be there,but how can that be when theres no good grouse habitat because all the money is put towards pheasants and its a shame RGS wants Super Recruiters and new Chapters and new members but takes every single dime from a banquet.15k should would go along ways to grouse habitat.But I guess since they are having trouble with members and chapters thats what they are totally restructuring their finacinal programs,bout time after nearly 50 yrs in exsistence.But thats rights its the PGC and the Boc and specifically Jay Delenay's fault theres no grouse habitat and no money going towards it too.Keep reminding me of that please.Take care,Paul...

Last edited by Jackson_q; 07-30-2009 at 03:59 PM.
Old 07-31-2009, 08:47 AM
Typical Buck

When you are in that type of position and you play politics which the BOC should not be doing, they will hear about it. Not just from “flunkies” but from outdoor writers and hunters of this state. I've heard it all now, BOC members not wanting people to disagree that's classic. Must be some ego

Last edited by PA GOBBLER; 07-31-2009 at 08:50 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.