Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Greed wins in PA >

Greed wins in PA

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Greed wins in PA

Old 07-09-2009, 05:29 AM
Typical Buck

Default Greed wins in PA

Greed wins! Sorry for the X-bow people. I feel the BOC just hurt the GC
Old 07-09-2009, 06:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thumbs down Re: Greed wins in PA

That GC is real beauty! You have so much more bigger problems than a Xbow and of course they go after that because it was the last groups swan song and pretty well reviewed in the state. I realize all you real bow hunters will rejoice in this , some will complain because it is set forthe the beggining of the bow season and of course we will be able to kill the big bucks before a rut yada yada! Now will you give them their license increases??? They changed the one thing that was the problem w/ the whole PA Game Management program. The heard you, they listened, they earned it! This is like O adressing the stimulus, told you what you wanted ot hear, then did what he really wanted all along. Good luck you just traded one set of fools for the another. This is not a good or new beggining!
Old 07-09-2009, 07:09 AM
Typical Buck

Default Re: Greed wins in PA

I looked all over for an update of yesterday's meeting and haven't found anything as of yet. I assume the Xbows are being limited to a shorter season than the "long" bow hunters.

My take on it is this.... you x bow guys get to use them now without being disabled, be happy for that. For the rest of us who enjoy archery the way it has been -we still get to have that with this new season limitation. I guess I am selfish but I wish the xbows would not be allowed until after regular archery has already opened even if it is just one week later. I am more supportive of xbows than I used to be but I still prefer to have archery the way it has been at least in the beginning of the season then allowing xbows to be used later thus lengthening the xbow season accordingly to what time length it has now become. I enjoy our early and late archery season with little pressure. The archery hunters already share their hunting season with small game and fall turkey hunters, let us have some time for those of us using bow and arrow only.

I love sitting in my treestand for 5 or 6 hours waiting for that perfect last hour of light when the deer start moving and then have some guy who decided he couldn't hunt squirrels at the bottom of the mountain (where they are as abundant as anywhere) come crashing through the laurels and thickets in prime deer habitat and spook everything in the area ruining all the hours of my efforts that day in just mere minutes. Very few times have I had another archer screw me as bad as gun hunters have. And I know this is just something that will increase as gun hunters pick up an Xbow and begin the learning process of archery hunting.

I support your right to hunt with whatever weapon you choose, but in return support our desire to have a season of our own as we have always enjoyed. Don't tread on us to get what you want. Too often in today's world we are forced to give up our ways, liberties or our ideals to cater to someone else who wants what we have but doesn't want to work for it or do it the way we do in order to attain it. You have had the option to archery hunt all along and most chose not to. Now there is a new weapon and people are lining up in droves to buy them so they can gain something at the cost of those whose season they are infringing upon. And now... it is not enough to be able to hunt with an xbow, now you want to have equal benefits of bow and arrow hunters while sacrificing nothing in order to get it. Your own little "Distribution Of Wealth" program.

Last edited by 4evrhtn; 07-09-2009 at 09:52 AM. Reason: clarification
Old 07-09-2009, 07:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Re: Greed wins in PA

I don't see what the issue really is here, the traditional bow hunters don't like it? The effective range of a cross bow is in reality no greater than that of a compound. So what's the beef?
Old 07-09-2009, 09:50 AM
Typical Buck

To me the range of the weapons is not the issue. I thought my last post summarized my feelings clearly. Allow Xbows- Fine! I speak for no one else when I say this. I love archery hunting for all the same challenges an xbow user faces and more. I am not arguing the efficiency of one weapon over the other. I am not implying gun hunters in general are careless or stupid.
My intent was.... the more people in the woods= the more idiots in the woods who will create less enjoyment for those of us who were happy with our season being the way it has always been. those archery hunters who opposed the xbow inclusion did so because we have taken the opportunity to hunt with a bow. Other's did not because of whatever reason but now we have xbows included and all those guys who didn't give a s#!+ for archery hunting now want to archery hunt. When it was harder they didn't want to archery hunt, now that xbows are allowed you voice your desire to archery hunt. Whatever! If you want to hunt the rest of the archery season as "long" bow hunters are permitted, do as the rest of us always have done... get a bow, practice with thousands of shots, do your homework and go hunt.Take advantage of what you are able to instead of griping about what you aren't allowed to do. At the end of the day you still achieved a victory by being allowed to use a weapon that had been previously allowed to only those who had a disability. That's great for you and everyone else to have that option. Take your xbow sight it in and get pumped for the archery season to begin and make the most out of the season you have.

Last edited by 4evrhtn; 07-09-2009 at 09:54 AM.
Old 07-09-2009, 10:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default 4evrhtn

4evrhtn, What a load of crap! Go away, leave me alone, you didn't earn your woods time, you are not practiced enough, same old crap except you tried to package it in a different color. I[m for Xbow but only when I want you to have it....Ya' know probably most of the Xbow hunters in the woods will be experienced outdoorsman who have chosen to hunt w/ a stringed weapon of another type. Your "I'm for Xbow" song doesn't hold up, you almost had me until you started telling me what I do and do not deserve as well as I don't practice or je-e-e-eze man! Then of course gun hunters always find you in the woods and that shouldn't be allowed. I would proba bly say gun hunters had the season before you did??? Please your sitting up there w/ a rig that is the equivalent of my Xbow in accuracy and speed only held a different way. Oh thank you 4evrhtn for letting me in the woods anytime at all. This is exactly why I will hammer away until this "it's mine , mine" attitude and persvasvie mis-information about the quality of hunter, practice time and legitimacy of the sport are beat on. Ha-ha what a load 4evrhtn!! I'll give you an A for trying not to feel superior to my sport for a whole minute! I am really laughing at your response and shaking my head..

Last edited by Buck Hunter 1; 07-09-2009 at 10:32 AM.
Old 07-09-2009, 10:37 AM
Typical Buck

Wow, that got you heated up! Once again be grateful for what you got. And if I am around when you stick a deer with your xbow I will help you drag it if that is too much work for you! LOL
Old 07-09-2009, 10:45 AM
Typical Buck

Again it all comes to Greed! Maybe next year we can get rid of small game and turkey hunting.

No matter what side one is on the BOC made a mess of the GC. They(BOC) are a joke and should be cleaned out.
Old 07-09-2009, 03:03 PM
Spike

I agree with 4evrhtn. Let the xbow people have their own season. If someone wanted to archery hunt then they would have done it before the new "law" came into effect.
Same with muzzleloading. You want to use an inline because it is the same as using a rifle all the power to you. But don't infringe on the flintlock season. It is not a muzzleloader season it is flintlock and keep it that way.
I am always amazed at the amount of people who want to take the easy way out (rant off)
Old 07-09-2009, 04:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

so now next year they are shortening xbow season

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.